What was your ballot?  

1. 1. What was your ballot?

• Electronic touch-screen
    • Electronic buttons/dial
    • Optical scan paper ballot
    • Straight (hand-counted) paper ballot
    • Lever machine
    • Other

No, not the candidates, the ballots. I really dislike the button/dial electronic screen ballots we've moved to; there's something about not being able to physically handle my ballot that irks me.

How did you vote? Poll to follow.

ETA: I left off punch ballot because I'm told they're all gone, but I'd be interested in hearing if that's wrong.

Edited by Sharon in Austin

No, not the candidates, the ballots. I really dislike the button/dial electronic screen ballots we've moved to; there's something about not being able to physically handle my ballot that irks me.

How did you vote? Poll to follow.

I'm thankful we still have a paper ballot that can be scanned. Electronics can be too easily manipulated/hacked/etc, imo.

With paper and pen that was scanned.

We're in a small town, first major election while living here. We used paper and pen(the special pen) and I was surprised some people were sitting down at the available table and voting right out in the open. I'd never seen that before. There were booths, but there was a line. I used the booth

Edited by elegantlion

We're in a small town, first major election while living here. We used paper and pen(the special pen) and I was surprised some people were sitting down at the available table and voting right out in the open. I'd never seen that before. There were booths, but there was a line. I used the booth

I sat out in the open at a table. I had all of my children with me, it wasn't that crowded and it was easier for me to contain them while I filled out my ballot.

I voted on paper that was then fed into a scanner.

We had the same thing. I was the only person who took the secrecy cover of the people around me. I guess I'm extra paranoid of confrontation? :tongue_smilie:

Ours was a dial/electronic. I hated it. I can see that a lot of people will have trouble selecting what they want, especially the elderly. It was finicky.

The controls are those of a 1980's video game. If we must go electronic, why can't we catch up with the 21st century and have a touch-screen?

Paper and ink in a Booth, scanned!

I was shocked we did not have machines for the first time ...:confused:

DH got there in time to find out.... his name was not on the list!

Hello, we live together. They had moved him to another district, but thankfully after a phone call and signing papers..he got to vote!!:lol:

I'm thankful we still have a paper ballot that can be scanned. Electronics can be too easily manipulated/hacked/etc, imo.

Our touch screen machines printed out a paper ballot that you reviewed before the final submission. I liked that a lot.

I have no clue if the votes are actually counted electronically with the paper as backup, or if the paper is the official ballot, though. I'd imagine it's the former.

Electronic touch screen, no booths. :/ I didn't like that part. The screens were huge with big print. You stood facing the wall, so you had your back to everyone else in the room, any of whom could have seen easily what you were picking. I kept my eyes down just so as not to accidentally look toward someone's screen. It wasn't busy when I got there, so not a lot of people in line to be paying attention, but nothing for those working it to be doing, either. And when I turned around from being done there was a line that wasn't there before, so it made me feel like I'd been being watched.