Menu

How long did you wait in line to vote?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes max. It may have been closer to 2 or 3. We spent more time talking with the poll workers. ;)

Oh, and it was a super high turnout in our area - that's what we were talking about. But, we live in a rural township. I was #817 to vote. Hubby was #818. I suppose later today I can add up the results in the paper and see how many voted total in our township.

As I wake up this morning I only see one surprise (to me) in our state - not a major office - but I seriously thought people would go with credentials and experience over party. I was wrong. Since it wasn't a major office I seriously doubt many even looked at credentials and experience, but rather, looked at party affiliation when they voted. Our state (and local areas) voted party lines. One could have posted the results based solely upon voting history without the election actually happening.

5 minutes because someone in line ahead of me didn't understand the process and the worker was explaining it to her over and over. If my last name had started with a different letter, it would have been

0 minutes, but they had the lines divided by letters and the poll worker with nobody in line couldn't take those of us waiting behind that voter.

Not a moment - the place was full but no line. My newbie 18-yr-old dd got applauded for showing up to vote.

Now, a friend who had to vote at the local cc - they had merged SIX precincts into one voting area (lobby of the cc performing arts center) and she had to wait a full hour - the second time she went. First time was up to 3 hour line so she went home until later.