Menu

How long did you wait in line to vote?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Washington is mail-in ballot only. I spent over four hours going through the voter's pamphlet and voting yesterday. I had no clue what was on the ballot (no broadcast or cable tv so no ads) so I had to go through the whole pamphlet. Dh dropped them off at the local ballot drop box last night.

oh you don't want to know. I stood for about an hour only to have my turn and be told that they changed the districts and the card I was mailed had the wrong polling site and address listed on it and that I couldn't vote because my precinct had moved (yet it was the same place where I voted in the primaries and I haven't gotten a newer card in the mail with any new address.) and that they thought I should go down the street, but they weren't sure. Went there and that was the wrong precinct. They gave me the election board number to call, but I couldn't get through on my cell. Apparantly they were overloaded on calls because this was an epidemic.

Finally called dh and he found me the right place online and got there, and there was NO LINE. I just walked in and voted. Never had a bad experience like that since I started voting. My kids did get to go to Taco Bueno for their free "Rock the Guac" chips and guacamole that they saw the ad for on T.V. w/our I voted stickers. :) So they didn't mind the driving around.

No line at all. I walked right in, voted, and walked out.

Of course, I had to walk 1.3 miles to the polling place and back, so from my front door to voting and back to my front door was a total of an hour and five minutes... not including the stop at the coffee shop on my way home. :D (I am very happy that my dh was able to pick up his new-to-us car today.)

we switched to absentee a few years back. our state has now switched to vote-by-mail only. (and our gov allowing people to register to vote via facebook *really* inspires confidence in the process. not.)

I am scandalized!!!!

I went at noon and the line was out the door. I left.

I went back at 2:30 and there were only about 15 people there. I gave my info and was handed a paper receipt and a plastic card. I put the card in the machine to activate it and voted via touch screen. I've never seen a paper ballot here.

I got my sticker, but it fell off my jacket so my kids accused me of not voting.

We waited about a minute but only because someone was having an issue with a provisional ballot (or maybe a same-day registration - I'm not sure which). In any case, essentially no wait. I'm glad a lot of people had no wait. Most of my MD friends had an hour wait, which I thought was really long.

There was one guy in front of me. They said when the poll opened there was quite a line for the first half of the day. My area has lots of polling locations. In fact, mine is only a mile or so away and I pass by another one on my way to my polling location (don't ask me how that works). :) I've never had to stand in a line more than a few people long and it's usually moving slow because whatever technology they are dealing with is being moody.

Washington is mail-in ballot only. I spent over four hours going through the voter's pamphlet and voting yesterday. I had no clue what was on the ballot (no broadcast or cable tv so no ads) so I had to go through the whole pamphlet. Dh dropped them off at the local ballot drop box last night.

Ah, true, I did have to look up my state and local questions.

30 minutes to get the ballot (after being redirected at two other polling places!); apparently the man was having trouble reading the names :smilielol5:

I'm serious! Never underestimate the power of reading. Just because you graduated high school doesn't mean you read fluently. Finally one of the ladies came over and grabbed the list out of his hands. When we got to the booth, they were out of pens...

By the time we got out and ate dinner, the election had already been called. :001_huh:

Two minutes. There were maybe 3 people in line ahead of me. But this state wasn't a "battleground" state for the general election, with a few local exceptions. Also, there's been early voting for at least a couple of weeks (dh voted maybe two weeks ago). So that cut down the crowds considerably.