Menu

Would you go?

I am going to a conference this weekend with some friends. I have been WAITING to go for months. I haven't done anything without kiddos for.... ever. Probably over a year. Anyway, word has it that people that go to our church have stomach flu (not sure who, but several random families.) Do I dare take the kids to Awana tomorrow night? It seems like people go to activities before they are completely well. My kids have had 3 colds already and the only place we go is church! My luck being everyone will be vomiting by the weekend. Am I paranoid to just skip out and hibernate at home for the rest of the week to prevent sickness? I just want to go SOOOO BAD! After all, Michelle Duggar's gonna be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What would you do??:confused:

- Do I dare take the kids to Awana tomorrow night? It seems like people go to activities before they are completely well.

My kids have had 3 colds already and the only place we go is church!

- Am I paranoid to just skip out and hibernate at home for the rest of the week to prevent sickness?

After all, Michelle Duggar's gonna be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What would you do??:confused:

I would keep the kids home from Awana.

No, you're not paranoid. :tongue_smilie:

I would go and enjoy Michelle Duggar... :001_smile:

:iagree:

And I would say that even if you weren't planning on going to the conference.

(Let us know if Michelle kept her new "makeover" hairstyle or if she has gone back to her old look! :001_smile:)

:iagree: I was thinking the same thing!

(And whaaaaaaaat? Michelle got a makeover??)

You know, I really never watched the show! I've caught a few clips at my mom's I think. So I didn't know she had a make-over! Was it a certain episode? I think she's beautiful though :) Very sweet person. Her hair had bigger, softer curls. (I'd be envious... if I was allowed to.) Jim Bob was there, too. They are so in love!:001_wub: (Just like me and dh. I'm not being sarcastic either! lol.) She spoke so well and has such wonderful insight into how to incorporate scripture into all you do. Very inspiring. I needed the advice and uplift. I had a great time!

You know, I really never watched the show! I've caught a few clips at my mom's I think. So I didn't know she had a make-over! Was it a certain episode? I think she's beautiful though :) Very sweet person. Her hair had bigger, softer curls. (I'd be envious... if I was allowed to.) Jim Bob was there, too. They are so in love!:001_wub: (Just like me and dh. I'm not being sarcastic either! lol.) She spoke so well and has such wonderful insight into how to incorporate scripture into all you do. Very inspiring. I needed the advice and uplift. I had a great time!

Glad you went...glad you had a good time!! :)

(Now if only I could convince the Duggars to come to Maine...:thumbup1:)

Why chance it? I'd keep them home. Assuming your kids enjoy AWANA and will be sad to miss it, you can plan something fun to do at home, movie/popcorn night, or breakfast for dinner, or a board game night, or milkshakes--anything they would find as a treat that is easy for you to pull off!

Have a great time at the conference!!