Menu

What's for dinner? 11/6

The kids and dh voted Meatball subs & salad

I voted use the leftovers....I think the parties weren't equally matched! :tongue_smilie:

Dang I used leftovers last night. Can't do that again. And we have gym at 5 so I need to think of something for the crockpot or fast.

Homemade pizza and apple crisp. Election night is a fun evening- and calls for fun food.

I agree. I didn't plan ahead. Dang.

Oh, I AM proofing a loaf of homemade sourdough in the oven right now. So that counts for something. Maybe I'll thaw some chicken quick.

Fresh20...

"Guinness" Beef Stew, made with Pelican Tsunami Stout 'cause I don't like Guinness (and I'm charged with the solemn task of consuming the leftover stout).

I'm on the road with the kids all evening. So, they just finished making and sharing some basic Indian food (package of chickpeas, basmati, papadam). I assembled a Mexican-inspired casserole thing with seasoned black beans, tortillas, corn, bell peppers and tomato sauce, which I will slice and leave on a plate in the 'fridge for my husband to nuke when he gets home.

We'll pack some simple snacks to eat in between dance classes.

For the first time in a year, I actually planned ahead today!

Beef roast in the crocopot now.

Carrots on the stove.

Made a cherry cheesecake for dessert

And, for family watching elections tonight, I'm making a sausage/cream cheese dip and chips. :D

Dont expect this to happen again anytime soon. LOL I am not a good planner. :D

It actually turned out to be baked sweet potato, large mixed greens salad and asparagus medley with onion, mushroom, bell peppers.

Mmmmm sweet potatoes are a food group.

No one else likes them here unless I doctor them up to not resemble what they are. I could eat them just plain baked

Just finished and it was SOO good! Roast pork (rubbed w herbs and perfectly done, tender and moist), potatoes roasted in the pan with the pork, acorn squash with apples and cinnamon, and artichokes! (only 2 for the family to share, but they were big and relatively cheap!)

Pot Roast in the crockpot (meat, potatoes, and carrots)

Salad (bagged salad was on sale so I bought 4 bags, I didn't have any other veggies for the salads but everyone had seconds on salads and all 4 bags are gone)

roasted onion in rosemary cream sauce (new recipe I tried and it turned out pretty good)

Pot Roast in the crockpot (meat, potatoes, and carrots)

Salad (bagged salad was on sale so I bought 4 bags, I didn't have any other veggies for the salads but everyone had seconds on salads and all 4 bags are gone)

roasted onion in rosemary cream sauce (new recipe I tried and it turned out pretty good)

Could I get the recipe for the roast onions in rosemary cream sauce? Sounds super yummy.