Menu

Count your blessings or What are you thankful for?

I've been super stressed out the last few weeks with family issues. I've even been a bit sorry for myself - totally not me. I normally count my blessings to get myself out of the funk and I'm about to start doing it again, but until I am up for it post what you are thankful or tell me how you are blessed. I need some positive, happy thoughts people. So share please. :001_smile:

I've been super stressed out the last few weeks with family issues. I've even been a bit sorry for myself - totally not me. I normally count my blessings to get myself out of the funk and I'm about to start doing it again, but until I am up for it post what you are thankful or tell me how you are blessed. I need some positive, happy thoughts people. So share please. :001_smile:

Hard times here too lately, so I've been trying to recount my blessings regularly.

My daughter was ill yesterday with almost a 102 temperature. We prayed together; it was 97 this morning and she is fine again. Yay!

An odd skin rash that has plagued me for two years finally disappeared this month. No one knew what it was. Hallelujah!

My TV was broken so I did what my Mom always said - put it away awhile and when you take it out again, it will be fine (aka "Mom's Theory). My TV works again. ;)

I have healthy kids and a husband who loves me.

I nearly died 1 year ago and I'm alive and well today.

The Lord is good; his mercy endures forever.

There are so many, I'll try to keep it short.

~ We are all healthy and, for the most part, happy.

~ My DH is gainfully employed and can support us on his income, so we get to stay home.

~ I get to go see one of my "home" friends when they are in Vegas in a couple weeks.

~ In light of the happenings on the east coast - we have power, food, clean water, a home and beds to sleep in.

I am thankful that I have a clean bill of health this week

My blessings include:

My dh, dd, and the rest of my family

My dog

That I am able to stay home with dd

That dh has a good job even though we are far from our home. He told me last night that he is really enjoying this job because he is learning lots and is doing problem solving which is what he loves. So even though he works 50-60 hours a week, comes home exhausted every night, may end up working Sundays as well for awhile, and we won't be able to go home for the holidays, he likes what he does and feels challenged.

God has blessed us very well.

Thankful for:

My kids

My spouse

My family

My friends

That I have a place to live and utilities to make it more comfortable

The beautiful sunshine today

The fact that my kids could play on the playground after voting today

Good food to eat

This board

All the opportunities I've had in my life for fun, love, travel, friendship and education

My husband has a job, and we are living within our means and doing okay right now. I praise God for this EVERY DAY.

My husband loves me dearly, and he thinks I'm beautiful even when I need a shower, my face is breaking out, and I'm 35 lbs. overweight.

We are healthy (aside from little colds or the stomach bug that was just dealt with here).

I have 2 vibrant & smart boys who are gifts from God even if there are days where I wish I was an animal who could eat her young :lol:.

We have power, running water, shelter, heat, and clothing. Many in our country are struggling to have any or all of these right now.

I have family and friends who love me for me.

I have a God who adores me, is there for me, and always wants the best for me. Jeremiah 39:11 is his unwavering promise to us.

It's RAINING!

We've been waiting for it to rain properly for days. Summer has just begun so my aunt and I have planted out a lot of our veggies from the shade house. We watered them, of course, but we really did need a good downpour and the best we had been having was a little bit of drizzle that didn't soak below the surface.

Hopefully this will fill the drinking water tank outside the front door too, because that was down to a trickle.

Right now I can hear my son outside in it, yelling happily. :D