Menu

Please help me decide what geography game(s) to buy.

We have never played those, but I can say mine love The Scrambled States of America. My ds6 picked up quite a bit of US geography from it, especially on the "Go the Distance" cards. I know it's only US geography, but if you are looking for something extra, it's a fun one to add. :) Otherwise, I'm off to look at the ones you linked.

We have never played those, but I can say mine love The Scrambled States of America. My ds6 picked up quite a bit of US geography from it, especially on the "Go the Distance" cards. I know it's only US geography, but if you are looking for something extra, it's a fun one to add. :) Otherwise, I'm off to look at the ones you linked.

:iagree: Dd loves it and has learned a lot.

I was considering getting 10 Days in the USA; does it cover different material?

I know I was thinking about Geodice at one point and saw a review or a post somewhere saying it was no fun and didn't end up getting it. Everyone raves about the 10 Days games but when I saw one all out at the store, I couldn't get it... it seemed to "educational" if you know what I mean. Not like a game in its own right but more like a teaching strategy disguised as a game. But I feel like I must not be getting it because people are pretty into them.

We love the 10 days games.

id get 10days :)

Thanks. They do get great reviews. Unfortunately all of these games seem to get great reviews. :tongue_smilie: I got the 10 Days games and will put the Passport to Culture game on our family wish list, I think. It appears to focus on culture while the 10 days focuses more on geography so hopefully all will serve us well.

:iagree: Dd loves it and has learned a lot.

I was considering getting 10 Days in the USA; does it cover different material?

I will take a look at this too. Thanks!

I know I was thinking about Geodice at one point and saw a review or a post somewhere saying it was no fun and didn't end up getting it. Everyone raves about the 10 Days games but when I saw one all out at the store, I couldn't get it... it seemed to "educational" if you know what I mean. Not like a game in its own right but more like a teaching strategy disguised as a game. But I feel like I must not be getting it because people are pretty into them.

I watched a video on one of the 10 Days games on the manufacturer's web site and was a little :001_huh: at all the rave reviews. The (teenage) girls were not all woo-hoo!! and having a blast. I actually thought how funny it was that their promo video was so ho-hum. I mean, usually people are just doubled over with laughter having SO MUCH FUN playing games in commercials. :tongue_smilie: It appears to be a strategy game that involves you knowing the physical geography of each continent. That would make it woo-hoo!! to DS9 and DH at least. :lol: We'll all probably enjoy it though, and the cultural game.

I watched a video on one of the 10 Days games on the manufacturer's web site and was a little :001_huh: at all the rave reviews. The (teenage) girls were not all woo-hoo!! and having a blast. I actually thought how funny it was that their promo video was so ho-hum. I mean, usually people are just doubled over with laughter having SO MUCH FUN playing games in commercials. :tongue_smilie: It appears to be a strategy game that involves you knowing the physical geography of each continent. That would make it woo-hoo!! to DS9 and DH at least. :lol: We'll all probably enjoy it though, and the cultural game.

That is the funniest video ever!! Those girls look miserable. They certainly captured the attitude and posture of the typical American teenager, though!!:lol:

DS8 loves the 10 days games. We have Europe and Asia. He sometimes combines them, and usually beats everyone else. And this is a kid who would rather be running around outside or playing pokemon than do any kind of schoolwork.

So thumbs up from our house!

Have you seen Brainboxes? There are some for the world and USA. There is even one for Australia though I don't see it listed on Amazon.

I will look at these too. Thanks! Can't have too many games, I guess...

My DD really loves the 10 days games. They seem like such an obvious and lame education game, but somehow it's actually fun. DH and I both like them!

I have never been led astray by an overwhelmingly number of good reviews before, so thanks for adding another. :)