• Community or civic center
    • Fire Station
    • Other

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We just recently moved within the same county. I used to vote at a fire department, but today I will be voting at a church.

I am babysitting the grandchildren right now because their schools are closed for voting. It used to be that the children just didn't use the gymnasium on voting day, now they close school. I like the old days...I'm old fashioned, lol.

We vote at the local Elks Club, but I wish I were still in Washington where we could vote by mail. I loved having plenty of time to read over the issues and the candidates while I was voting. It also helped that I voted there three times so I was a little more invested in that state. I always feel a bit like an imposter when I vote in a new state because I really don't know much about the candidates or the issues even after reading up on them. I still know a lot more about politics in the state I grew up in even though I haven't lived there in many years.

We vote at a fire station. When we lived a few miles away we voted at a nursing home. I remember as a kid watching people come in to vote at our elementary school. I think that using schools as voting places is good because kids can see citizens be involved in the voting process.

At home. We've had mail-in ballots in my state for quite some time. I like being able to take my time looking through the voter's pamphlet (more like a catalog) while I'm voting. Before mail-in ballots I used to vote at a local school. I don't miss the parking issues and lines there on election day.

Oh my. I am the worst with mailing anything in! Good thing I'm not in a mail-in state. I'd probably just be getting around to casting my vote for Reagan today. (The first time he was on the ballot!) :tongue_smilie:

We vote at our community center across the street. I think as I walk the dog this afternoon, I'll swing in.

We vote at the Town Office/Fire Station. (one building w/ combined use)

Our tiny, local library has baked goodies to sell. I *love* supporting them.

Headed out right now...:auto:

OK -- so I'm back from voting and this year the bake sale goes to the Women's Club. :confused::001_huh::glare:

This year: at a church. I am not a fan of the bake sale thing, though. The space was small enough as it is, did they really have to block off an area where people could stand inside to get warm just to make a buck off of us? Blah. lol

Every other year we've voted at an elementary school. (We moved, that's why the location is different for us this time!)

This year it will be at the local middle school.

Most of the past years it has been in the garage of a residence in the neighborhood. For a long time it was in my next door neighbor's garage. Convenient!:D

We've also had our polls at the local elementary school, the local community building and the local country club. This is the first year since I've been voting that it's at the middle school.

Wow, I've never heard of garage voting! That's kind of neat, I think. :001_smile:

Currently, my voting location is at a church. In the past, I've also been assigned to a middle school.

When I've done early voting, I've either been at a local gov't center/office or at a mall.

We vote at our local public school. They were in class today. We saw the kids in the hallways going between classes and my kids were fascinated!

My mom used to vote (think she still does...) in my elementary school in Florida. Our school had sidewalks (they called them "ramps") instead of inside halls and you could see quite a ways when you walked to lunch or PE or art. Mom would figure out when I'd be heading to lunch with my class and would show up and walk down that sidewalk leading to the library with the voting booths. I was always proud to wave at her!

Anyway, they would vote in the library in these huge booths that reminded me of port-a-pots (now they use those little tabletop dividers) and they never had quite enough so they'd have a line out the door.

I was voting at a nearby school but now have registered as mail in only. So, I vote in my pajamas and fuzzy slippers and either mail it in or drop it in one of the dozen or so drop boxes in town. There is one on the way to the grocery store so I save my two stamps (big envelope).

Today I voted at a church down the street, this is my first time voting in VA, so I'm not sure if they use other buildings or not in my area, but it's a Teacher Work day so the kids are out of school.

In the past I've voted absentee, in a fire station and once in a USO building.