Menu

Help me pick countertops

Is quartz acid-resistant?

Quartz countertops are stone bits with resin. They're generally impervious and do not need to be sealed. They're mildly heat resistant, but I don't make it my endeavor to find out *how* heat resistant, lol.

I do have a stain on mine, but I'm not even sure how it got there and haven't tried at all to get it off. I suppose I should be diligent and go try the Magic Eraser or something. In general, they're incredibly impervious. I LOVE my countertops and really think I got the best of all worlds. I was so tired of worrying about seams with formica, didn't want to seal (marble), didn't want possible radiation (granite), didn't like the feel of corian, etc. etc., so the engineered quartz was my best choice.

Mine are some kind of busy pattern, and they hide dirt like nobody's business. I'd definitely go busy. I think they said the more solid patterns tend to be a little (I forget what, softer? more prone to?) than the busy ones.

BTW, I did the elevated bar on my island in wood. It mixes well with the quartz and breaks up the hard look.

Quartz countertops are stone bits with resin. They're generally impervious and do not need to be sealed. They're mildly heat resistant, but I don't make it my endeavor to find out *how* heat resistant, lol.

I do have a stain on mine, but I'm not even sure how it got there and haven't tried at all to get it off. I suppose I should be diligent and go try the Magic Eraser or something. In general, they're incredibly impervious. I LOVE my countertops and really think I got the best of all worlds. I was so tired of worrying about seams with formica, didn't want to seal (marble), didn't want possible radiation (granite), didn't like the feel of corian, etc. etc., so the engineered quartz was my best choice.

Mine are some kind of busy pattern, and they hide dirt like nobody's business. I'd definitely go busy. I think they said the more solid patterns tend to be a little (I forget what, softer? more prone to?) than the busy ones.

BTW, I did the elevated bar on my island in wood. It mixes well with the quartz and breaks up the hard look.

I have a very long peninsula with high bar behind it and I want to replace that with wood. My granite is DARK, and when the light hits the bar all you see is dust! No matter HOW many times a day I wipe it down.

I have a very long peninsula with high bar behind it and I want to replace that with wood. My granite is DARK, and when the light hits the bar all you see is dust! No matter HOW many times a day I wipe it down.

Yeah, my counters are a light tan color with so much black and stone flecking that it ends up looking mottled. Dirt doesn't show, dust doesn't show, nothing shows. It's AWESOME.

Oh dear, I just googled that Stellar Night. Yeah, you're gonna show serious dust with that, just like with granite. You better stock up on the microfiber cloths, mercy. I clean mine with microfiber cloths anyway, but they never look dusty or dirty.

Stellar Night is Silestone. That's not the brand I have, but in that brand the Giallo Quarry is very similar to mine. My island is antique white and my perimeter cabs are cherry, and it looks delish with both. I think that medium-ish speckled tone is really nice with light cabs. The Kona Beige looks really cute too. That Zirix (at the top on the Silestone list) looks amazing. Any of those would look stunning with light cabs and not show dirt. If you go all the way to white white cabs, then Black Canyon or Sierra Madre look good.

When I tried to post this I was getting an error so I had no idea this actually posted LOL I meant to have a poll to go with it since you can see what colors I was thinking of choosing thank you for the advice even though this post probably seemed to be lacking pertinent information When I get home I will get on here and edit it so the post makes a little more sense. Sorry for the lack of punctuation as well I'm using my voice recognition to post this since I'm on my phone.

Edited by AnnaM