Menu

SAT subject tests - if registered to take more than one on the same day...

Ds signed up for two tests in one day. I am now regretting this. Can we cancel one? I looked on the college board site, and it is confusing to me because it says a cancellation cannot be made once a registration has occurred yet changes as to types of tests can be made, usually up to the late registration deadline.

Ds signed up for two tests in one day. I am now regretting this. Can we cancel one? I looked on the college board site, and it is confusing to me because it says a cancellation cannot be made once a registration has occurred yet changes as to types of tests can be made, usually up to the late registration deadline.

He can tell the proctor on that very same day that he will only take one.

My DD was signed up for three and told them she was only going to do two.

There is no need for an official cancellation - he should just not fill out anything and not do second the test. As far as I understand, the "no cancellation" just means you don't get your money back for the second test that he is not going to take.

If you want to change from subject tests to reasoning test and vice versa, you must fill out some paper work, and there might be a deadline.

So, did they hand her both at the same time?? How did that work on timing?Interesting.

If I understood her correctly, the booklet she received had all the possible subject tests. During the first hour, students work their first exam. When time is called, that's over. During the second hour, they simply work some other exam from the booklet. During the third hour, their third (or they leave and go home)

Because the booklet has all the tests, you can switch which subjects you want to test on without prior notification (unless it is language which is not always offered) - if you have a slot, they have all tests for you.

If I understood her correctly, the booklet she received had all the possible subject tests. During the first hour, students work their first exam. When time is called, that's over. During the second hour, they simply work some other exam from the booklet. During the third hour, their third (or they leave and go home)

Because the booklet has all the tests, you can switch which subjects you want to test on without prior notification, unless it is language which is not always offered.

Thanks!

He can tell the proctor on that very same day that he will only take one.

My DD was signed up for three and told them she was only going to do two.

There is no need for an official cancellation - he should just not fill out anything and not do second the test. As far as I understand, the "no cancellation" just means you don't get your money back for the second test that he is not going to take.

If you want to change from subject tests to reasoning test and vice versa, you must fill out some paper work, and there might be a deadline.

Thanks. I think I will call tomorrow.

ETA: I truly hope this is correct. I think he will do much better if he only does one and not two this go round.

Edited by Hoggirl

Last May my son also registered to take two SAT II exams. He discovered after he had registered that he had baseball tryouts that same morning and only had time for one test. I called the CB to see if I could cancel the 2nd exam, and they told me that all my son had to do was just take the first exam and leave at the end of that testing period.