s/o beards thread

Does your DH have facial hair?  

1. 1. Does your DH have facial hair?

• Yes a beard
    • A moustache only
    • Both a beard and a moustache
    • Clean shave
    • Do pigs really have wings?

I really wanted to vote for the pigs with wings, but alas, I had to go with mustache only.

However, Mr. Ellie has had a beard a couple of times. He's scrumptuos with or without a beard. :)

As long as it isn't *stubble,* I'm good with whatever he chooses to do with his face.

My husband? I voted beard/mustache, but it's not really. He shaves about once a week, and has a really thick, black, natural goatee/mustache combo that works well for him and grows in quickly.

I find it a bit weird when he's freshly shaven. His beard really works for him and makes him quite manly.

My husband? I voted beard/mustache, but it's not really. He shaves about once a week, and has a really thick, black, natural goatee/mustache combo that works well for him and grows in quickly.

I find it a bit weird when he's freshly shaven. His beard really works for him and makes him quite manly.

I tell Wolf that the goatee makes him look like the 'bad boy' :D:lol:

Mine has always had a beard and mustache....since we met and he was 18 :D

My sons both have beards and mustaches like their dad....once they were 18. It is not a religious thing....just, well....they have gorgeous facial hair, so no reason to shave it off. They keep very well groomed....and all 3 have deep auburn mustaches and beards with deep blue eyes. .....

Beard and moustache, and has had since we became engaged. It's the only non-negotiable item on my end of the "pre-nup." His is that I don't shave my head.

My youngest will only consider marrying a man with a beard, as she thinks men without are not trustworthy.

Edited by nmoira

I couldn't answer. DH has a full beard (ie beard with a mustache) a majority of the year but shaved it off last week for one of his beard-free periods. He goes through cycles. He tells me its a kissing holiday when he does. :D

He actually looks just like this when he has a beard. He looks nothing like Ewan McGregor when he doesn't have a beard.

Another clean shaven military man here. He's never grown anything out, but will go a bit stubbly on the weekends at times or when on leave. I don't mind the stubble.

I have seen pics of him when he was in college and had a full bushy beard. He looked like Grizzly Adams, so no thanks. Now if he wanted to go with a well trimmed goatee or something once he retires, I'd be ok with it, but not the bushy mountain man look.

Full beard :001_wub: He has shaved exactly once since the day we got married, and that was in the first year. I don't even know what he looks like under there anymore :lol: I joke with him that he needs to shave it off just once, to freak out the kids...but they are horrified at the thought. (so am I a little!)

I love furry men though. Makes 'em look manly :D

Clean shaven, including top of head, though often a stubbly 5 o'clock shadow, I do like the rugged look. Since we've been together he's tried many goatee's, including chin strap/side burns. I don't think he could stand a full beard!

Where's the poll option for "Don't know, I haven't met him yet?" Can't we be inclusive around here? :toetap05: :p

I voted with the pigs, with apologies to my future husband should he be a Jew, Muslim or vegetarian. :D

Oh man, now you've got The Beards song stuck in my head...

Rosie

Edited by Rosie_0801

Where's the poll option for "Don't know, I haven't met him yet?" Can't we be inclusive around here? :toetap05: :p

I voted with the pigs, with apologies to my future husband should he be a Jew, Muslim or vegetarian. :D

Oh man, now you've got The Beards song stuck in my head...

Rosie

Sorry Rosie. I am completely thoughtless. Of course I should have included that option. :D

My DH started growing a beard shortly after we were married because it made him look older and made people take him more seriously. He was just shy of 20 but had a lot of life experience and knowledge. Growing the beard definitely helped with his image.

He did shave it to get in character for Buzz Lightyear for Halloween, but normally I really prefer him with a beard/mustache. He is still pretty baby-faced though the hair on his head is quite thin. He looks much more manly with the beard.