Menu

Apologia physical science ques

In module 1 the kids need to complete conversions. They are struggling with it since they can not remember what to put where.

2 questions. A) how important is this knowledge to successful completion of the text? Is it used often, or is it done with as soon as this module is over? and B) if it is very important do you know of a supplement they can use to continue strengthing those problems?

My daughter had trouble with this too. There is a really good tutorial on the Donna Young website under Apologia Physical Science resources--I think it is just called "Unit Conversions." We sat down and went through it together and she finally got it. I like Apologia, but I think his wordiness gets in the way of the explanation on this topic (at least it seemed that way to me). The tutorial on Donna Young is short, simple, and to the point. We're only on Module 3, but I'm sure these types of problems will be coming up again and I think the student really does need to 'get it'.

HTH!

In module 1 the kids need to complete conversions. They are struggling with it since they can not remember what to put where.

2 questions. A) how important is this knowledge to successful completion of the text? Is it used often, or is it done with as soon as this module is over? and B) if it is very important do you know of a supplement they can use to continue strengthing those problems?

My daughter had trouble with this too. There is a really good tutorial on the Donna Young website under Apologia Physical Science resources--I think it is just called "Unit Conversions." We sat down and went through it together and she finally got it. I like Apologia, but I think his wordiness gets in the way of the explanation on this topic (at least it seemed that way to me). The tutorial on Donna Young is short, simple, and to the point. We're only on Module 3, but I'm sure these types of problems will be coming up again and I think the student really does need to 'get it'.

HTH!

Awesome! Thank you. I will pull up that tutorial to work through with them. Hopefully that will be what makes it click