Menu

Will someone please...

Will someone please tell my inlaws to STOP reading and BELIEVING all of those @#$% email forwards telling them what is "really going on" with a candidate, issue, in the government etc! It is definitely affecting my husband's relationship with them.

Who in the heck taught them to get on the internet anyway!?!

I'll have a chat with them for you if you talk to dh's uncle about the same thing. :glare:

Dh and I have both stopped talking to him and blocked his posts on FB (at least until after the election) because he goes on and on about the "shocking info" in these emails.

I think what kills us is that it would take less than 2 minutes to verify the information, and we have told them how, but they don't, and don't believe us when we try to gently save them face by explaining how that can't be true. It hurts my husband most, he really respects his dad and his opinions and practicality, until now.

Oh, gosh, I tried to gently tell her that I respect her views but we just couldn't go along with this that and the other. She screamed and hung up the phone. She won't take my kids' calls either. Sad. I used to try to keep up with all of it just so I could know what they were thinking but I stopped. It is too depressing. I am going to send them a written invitation to the Thanksgiving we are having for some people with no place to go and hope they see it in their heart to come and at least help out. Maybe they will speak to us again...

My MIL forwards every single piece of 'chain' email she gets. Even if I send a link to snopes. It's not just this time of this kind of year either. It's all the time. I quit reading her emails and just delete them unread.

If she needs to communicate something important she can call - and does - DH.