Menu

MCTLA users: Town level Q

ChandlerMom

We liked GI, but we loved SI. Our only annoyance with Sentence Island was the chapter reviewing Grammar Island because the girls really *got it* from GI. Similarly, we really took our time going through SI, did it every day, and have been doing 1-2 sentences from PI every day, 7 days a week.

My kids are just not fans of reviewing concepts they already know. For the same reason "four year history cycles" are a complete FAIL here. :p

I know GT will be expanding on GI, but my question is whether GT is really necessary or not-to-be-missed-fun, or whether we should just move on to Paragraph Town and take our time in the grammar section.

Any thoughts?

I had the same issue, so we just skipped into Paragraph Town. I could see wanting the extra practice around phrases, but overall I think Sweetie got the point and was generally labeling things correctly.

We're also using something different to do diagramming instead of the 4-level analysis, so that impacted my choice too. But given budgetary concerns I'm pretty happy with the choice to skip straight into PT.

:)