Menu

Great reads

I am so pumped to share about some books I ran across!

I love a good story too, so I almost always say what I want to say by way of the long way around the barn! So, I was in this children's educational store, saw a book with a gold sticker indicating it was an honor book, picked it up, thought, 'hmmm... looks interesting, I'll see if they have it at the library.' By the time I got home, I had forgotten the title. Tried to describe it to the librarian - she even called the store - it had just sold, and the employee could not remember the title. whatever! so I kind of forgot about it. Fast forward, can't tell you how many days and after a hair appointment, my daughter and I and I enjoy walking through The Book Corner,a quaint used book seller. and there in front of my bright blue eyes was THAT book. I swiped it up right away! literally swiping my debit card! No chance I was forgetting that title again! I'm spontaneous that way. I know you are dying to turn to the end of this story to find out the ending, anyway, the great summer reading title of the book that we enjoyed reading together is The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall! Then, because I need to sell my beloved books because I have been spontaneous with the debit card found a sequel to it, I have it ON HOLD at the library. I LEARNED MY LESSON That title is The Penderwicks on Gardam Street.

Speaking of sequels!

Don't put down this story yet.

The Neverland adventures have another installment from the team of Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, Cave of the Dark Wind, the first being Escape from the Carnivale : a Never Land Adventure. For our family, the long anticipated 3rd book to Peter and the Starcatchers, Peter and the Shadowthieves, called Peter and the Secret of Rundoon.

Okay, hang with me.

Patrick Carman has some new books out. We read "The Land of Elyon." He has written another series, Atherton : the House of Power and Rivers of Fire (I have not read these).

Finally, "The City of Ember" is being made into a movie, haven't read the book or trilogy by Jeanne Duprau but it looks interesting. My mom read "The Secret Life of Bees" and that is being made into a movie this fall. Last but not least to mention, "The Tale of Despereaux" based on the book by Kate DiCamillo coming this Christmas. We did "listen" to this book. We listen to a lot of our books, we love those read by Jim Dale (the narrator of Pushing Daises). My kids make fun of the ones read by Jim Weiss but we like them none the less, we would know that voice anywhere.

happy reading, or listening, or watching?!?