Menu

Is there a different (Teaching Textbooks related)

AimeeM

... or, rather, *what* is the difference between TT7 and TT Pre-A?

The placement tests on both look different, but I could have sworn I read on the forum, more than once, that there was no need to do both... which would infer they were similar in content?

It's easiest if you compare the TOCs for 6, 7 and Pre-algebra. You'll see that 7 is almost a complete repeat of 6, while Pre-algebra introduces a lot of new topics. I think a strong math student could skip 7, but I don't see how you could skip Pre-algebra.

It's easiest if you compare the TOCs for 6, 7 and Pre-algebra. You'll see that 7 is almost a complete repeat of 6, while Pre-algebra introduces a lot of new topics. I think a strong math student could skip 7, but I don't see how you could skip Pre-algebra.

Thanks for this! I'm not the OP, but we're in TT6 right now, and I haven't been quite sure what to do for next year. I think that skipping TT7 will be a good option for us.

My dd is in 7th grade and I purchased the Pre-Algebra with the intention of skipping TT7. I ended up buying the TT7 and that's what she's doing now. Why? Well, I noticed there were other subjects in the TT7 that are not in the TT Pre-Algebra such as a chapter on "Whole Numbers in the Real World: Eating Right, Quilting, Income Taxes, Computer Hard Drives, Buying a Car and others. She does a lesson a day (even on weekends) and when she finishes TT7 she will take a small break and begin the TT Pre-Algebra. As long as my dd doesn't start saying it is boring, we will stick with TT7. So far she really likes it.

That may not be a reason for other families to do the TT7 but for me it was. I love homeschooling, you do what is right for your family. :).

She did TT6 last year, my ds 8yrs old & dd 7yrs old do the TT3.

Best wishes.

Edited by journey00
spelling