Menu

Heading to walmart to splurge on cleaning supplies...faves?

I love J. R. Watkins products. I know Target sells them, and I think Walmart does too.

http://www.jrwatkins.com/jrwatkins/store.cfm?Store=E4C33AFE-2386-BA86-A9DE93D5276FAEFE

watkins.jpg

or Method Cleaners (I just bought Pear Ginger for my husband to clean his car interior)

Method-Orla-Kiely-Limited-Edition-All-Purpose-Spray-Pear-Ginger.jpg

Method Wood for Good

I use this on my cabinets -- it has a divine almond scent:

Method-Wood-for-Good-Surface-Cleaner-Almond-650x650.jpg

Also, I cannot live without Magic Erasers

products_original232x234.jpg

Swiffer Dusters (great for everything including blinds):

hero-swiffer-duster.jpg

Clorox Toilet Bleach Tablets

I hate the smell of bleach, but this is the only think that keeps the pink bacteria from forming in my toilet. The smell is faint.

51SRsHuNtPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

An endless supply of non-scratching sponges and a microfiber cloth.

Edited by nestof3

Method Wood for Good

I use this on my cabinets -- it has a divine almond scent:

Method-Wood-for-Good-Surface-Cleaner-Almond-650x650.jpg

That stuff is glorious. Unfortunately for me, my husband hates the smell (I just don't get him sometimes!). But then I found Three Beeautiful Bees beeswax polish; once you get past the dorky name, it's terrific. Polishes beautifully, leaves a really nice honey scent, and pure enough that you can use it on cutting boards and wooden spoons.

Don't you love that we can spend pages and pages rhapsodizing about cleaning products?

Thanks Dawn! next time I go by Target I will look for Dr. Watkins (i dont think Walmart had them, although maybe there;s a special "natural cleaners" section that I missed).

Thanks!!!

I only know that they sold their beauty products at one time. I love their lemon lotion!

Yes! I am all about the way my cleaning products smell, but most smells are just too strong and chemical-ly smelling. I cannot tolerate the smell of bleach. Which reminds me, I need to spray my shower before going to bed to kill that annoying pink bacteria. I cannot do this sort of thing during the day.

That stuff is glorious. Unfortunately for me, my husband hates the smell (I just don't get him sometimes!). But then I found Three Beeautiful Bees beeswax polish; once you get past the dorky name, it's terrific. Polishes beautifully, leaves a really nice honey scent, and pure enough that you can use it on cutting boards and wooden spoons.

Don't you love that we can spend pages and pages rhapsodizing about cleaning products?

"the works" for toilets. squirt a good amount in, wait a couple hours and scrub. will get anything off the inside of your toilet.

You are my new best friend!!! Had a bad rust stain in one toilet and a weird ring around another one that I could not get rid of (had even resorted to gloves and a magic eraser!!!). This product removed both before my very eyes! THANK YOU!!!

You are my new best friend!!! Had a bad rust stain in one toilet and a weird ring around another one that I could not get rid of (had even resorted to gloves and a magic eraser!!!). This product removed both before my very eyes! THANK YOU!!!

My son used to make The Works bombs out of this stuff. LOL

Comet Cleanser for the toilet bowl (and kitchen sink), Clorox wipes for the toilet seat and other parts. (I also like Clorox bathroom cleaner for the toilet seat and other bathroom surfaces). Scrubbing Bubbles for the shower/bath. Love Scrubbing Bubbles!

409 works great on general surface cleaning: kitchen counters, cabinets and appliances & walls. It's the only cleaner that seems to take off serious dirt without scrubbing or taking off paint.

no one mentioned those cloths that have silver particles in them. They were the rage at our church and people were all having parties to sell them. I did not succumb. I wonder how they compare to the auto microfiber cloths. Anyone know?

I love our Shark Steam Mop. I wonder how it compares to the Libman one. Has anyone tried both? At least with the Shark you clean with steam, not chemicals.

Yes! I am all about the way my cleaning products smell, but most smells are just too strong and chemical-ly smelling. I cannot tolerate the smell of bleach. Which reminds me, I need to spray my shower before going to bed to kill that annoying pink bacteria. I cannot do this sort of thing during the day.

Don't know where you're getting the bacteria (in the grout or what), but I wipe the grout line on our tub where the wall meets the tub with a microfiber cloth. Keeps down the mold because you don't get water sitting there.

BTW, AFM products (available through NEEDS.com) are good when you need no scent, safe on the skin, etc. Safe Clean and Super Clean are good. You buy them and dilute into spray bottles. At this point I just use Super Clean.

I love the Method almond wood cleaner. My dh complains it is strong, but I could eat it up it smells so good! I use lemon verbena Mrs. Meyers for everything else. Honestly, I don't up much of anything for the house from Walmart. Ours doesn't have a good selection and I use mostly green household products, so Target or Amazon are my go to. I hate my mops, though, so I'd love to hear what people use on old wood floors that are sealed (though poorly). :glare:

I have a cheapest Bissell? Pet friendly vacuum that's pretty awesome, though. Cheaply made and my handle broke after a month, but that little boy pulls up all of the dust bunnies! I wish it were as good at picking up food or play-doh bits, though.

I love the Method almond wood cleaner. My dh complains it is strong, but I could eat it up it smells so good! I use lemon verbena Mrs. Meyers for everything else. Honestly, I don't up much of anything for the house from Walmart. Ours doesn't have a good selection and I use mostly green household products, so Target or Amazon are my go to. I hate my mops, though, so I'd love to hear what people use on old wood floors that are sealed (though poorly). :glare:

I have a cheapest Bissell? Pet friendly vacuum that's pretty awesome, though. Cheaply made and my handle broke after a month, but that little boy pulls up all of the dust bunnies! I wish it were as good at picking up food or play-doh bits, though.

i use a steam cleaner. this is the one I finally settled on. Works well on wood floors, too.

http://www.amazon.com/McCulloch-MC-1275-Heavy-Duty-Steam-Cleaner/dp/B0000DF0RB/ref=lp_1063922_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1352642280&sr=1-4

This thread reminded me that I have magic erasers. When I saw the kids had handprints on a less than 1 year old painted wall, I pulled out my Magic Eraser and tadaaa, it was clean again. Thanks Hive ;)

Love those things. We just bought a $1,200 dryer for $500 because it was a discontinued floor model. It had some scratches on the front. The Maguc Eraser got them out. It's also the only thing that gets berry and coffee stains off my counter and the dirt off the refrigerator door handle.

For those of you who like Mrs. Meyers, this is an awesome deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Mrs-Meyers-Clean-Day-Purpose/dp/B000A0IKX4/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352645620&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=mrs.+meyers+concentrate

It is a concentrate and you only need 2 tablespoons to refill a spray bottle in addition to water. I bought this a few months ago and use it a lot, but have hardly made a dent in it. :001_smile:

http://www.amazon.com/Mrs-Meyers-Clean-Day-Purpose/dp/B000A0IKX4/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352645620&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=mrs.+meyers+concentrate

It is a concentrate and you only need 2 tablespoons to refill a spray bottle in addition to water. I bought this a few months ago and use it a lot, but have hardly made a dent in it. :001_smile:

Thanks! If you really love this stuff and want to stock up, the subscribe and save deal puts each bottle at around $7.00. $7.53 without subscribe and save.

http://www.amazon.com/Mrs-Meyers-Clean-Day-32-Ounce/dp/B000E78X0I/ref=sr_1_9?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1352647721&sr=1-9&keywords=mrs.+meyers+lemon+verbena

It is much cheaper than that at the store??

I agree it is a good value, generally but why is that one marked up so much?

FWIW, the coupon code didn't work for me after all, but I did get the hand soap sampler set, some candles which were on sale, and the lemon verbena set with the counter spray, dish detergent and hand soap. I figure once I find my favorite scent, I'll buy more.

Oh yeah? I like the Basil and Lavender (but my dh finds the lavender too girly) but I have not tried honeysuckle, apple, bluebell, parsley or rosemary. I guess stores near me don't have the newer scents. I might order some online.