Menu

Here's a positive s/o: What's the happiest thing you've learned?

That having a conversation with a person you helped create is really one of the coolest things on the planet.

I remember the first time ds and I had a real conversation, not just me talking, but him having his own thought out non-toddler response and opinion. He was 3 or 4, I think. It was one of those moments that gives you the chills.

Time may not heal but it gives distance and makes things not so raw.

The laughter of a child can turn a bad day into a fabulous one.

The best truest friendship I've ever had is the one I have with my dh.

The greatest moments of happiness usually come from the place you least expect it.

That having a conversation with a person you helped create is really one of the coolest things on the planet.

I remember the first time ds and I had a real conversation, not just me talking, but him having his own thought out non-toddler response and opinion. He was 3 or 4, I think. It was one of those moments that gives you the chills.

I still remember the moment with Eldest when he said something and I thought, "Wow. I didn't put that thought in your head". By that I mean he was thinking about something that we had never discussed / read / did. It was something all his own. That for the first time he was thinking something that I would never have guessed.

That my husband really is the coolest, most patient, long suffering man on the planet.

No one really, truly likes the b!tches.

Nerdy kids think nerdy parents are cool.

Because I homeschool my kids, they really don't give a flying flip what others think of them.

Butterfinger bars are the best candy ever.

That the universe is vast and there will always be more to discover, yet we are looking at the same stars (mostly) generation after generation. Truly, sometimes I get teary eyed looking at the stars on a summer night with my kids, knowing someday my grandkids, great grandkids, on and on will also one day be dreaming on those same stars before they step out to live their lives and make their own discoveries.

Truly, sometimes I get teary eyed looking at the stars on a summer night with my kids, knowing someday my grandkids, great grandkids, on and on will also one day be dreaming on those same stars before they step out to live their lives and make their own discoveries.

I think the same things, only I think of how my Dad must have seen something, how my Mom loved her garden. When I outside and think of my Dad, I always hear this song:

I'll be seeing you

In every lovely summer's day,

In everything that's light and gay,

I'll always think of you that way--

I'll find in the morning sun

And when the night is new,

I'll be looking at the moon

But I'll be seeing you.

This. Definitely.

The happiest thing I ever learned was that love was waaaay bigger and stronger than I'd ever imagined. The first time I held DS, this huge wave of emotion crashed over me and I thought Whoa, so THIS is what love is. It was a really unexpected and overwhelming experience, looking into that little scrunched up face and thinking now I get it — THIS is what it's all about. THIS is what makes every crappy thing about life totally worth it.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:(although I only created DS; DD was a gift :001_wub: )

As much as I miss their littleness sometimes, I am really enjoying sharing all the conversations and jokes and experiences with these guys as they grow into such cool, smart, interesting people.

Jackie

There are some friends who will be there for you even when you haven't seen them or had a long conversation with them in years. When you do get together it is just like old times.

Sometimes people you haven't met in real life can make a big difference.

There are other things as well, but this is something that has really hit home this week.

I can change the world for some kids. Small things make a difference.

My parents are best friends, even after 48 years of marriage.

Being married to your best friend means even the darkest nights won't kill me.

And what ElegantLion said--having conversations with my kids is awesome.

That walking through Walmart and having you tall-as-you 13 year old son reach gently for your hand and hold it while walking down the aisle could feel so sweet.

That you really, really can love a child that is not biologically yours just as much as if they were...and you'd be willing to step in front of a Mack Truck to save their life because that love is so deep.

That happiness is a choice, and so is love.

That homeschooling was the single best decision we ever made for the emotional health of our family.

That Love Wins.

Cindy

Our dead loved ones live on in our hearts. My mother is here despite her death 3 years ago.

That forgiveness sets you free rather than lets the other person "off the hook".

When you are happy and in love, the material comforts around you can come and to without causing significant stress and pain.