Menu

Should I purchase a 3 yr Square Trade warranty on a new laptop from Costco

I just recently purchased an Acer Laptop from Costco and I'm trying to decide if I should purchase the extended warranty from SquareTrade. The Costco warranty is for 2 yrs but the Sq Trade one would cover drops and spills for 3 years from the date of purchase.

I have never purchased an extended warranty but this is also the first laptop I have ever owned.

Would you buy the Square Trade warranty? Has anyone had experience filing a claim with them?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with Square Trade, but we *always* buy the extended warranty on laptops (ours are HP). My dh says I'm a bit rough on my equipment :D, and we've had to send our machines in various times, sometimes my fault, sometimes not. :glare: But the warranties have always been worth it.

eta: Laptops are about the only thing we buy extended warranties for.

I have a history for buying faulty electronics, so yes I tend to buy the warranty. For my kids, I also buy the warranty so I don't worry about them using the item for its intended purpose....on the go.

DD14 hasn't had to use any of her extended warranties, but they bought me a big piece of mind having them.

Ds18 had his computer almost rebuilt last summer for free on warranty.

My laptop has been rebuilt 2x on warranty.

Ds18 had a bike replaced on warranty.

I have had SEVERAL appliances worked on while under standard warranty.

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

Thanks ladies. Anybody else with an opinion?

I just recently purchased an Acer Laptop from Costco and I'm trying to decide if I should purchase the extended warranty from SquareTrade. The Costco warranty is for 2 yrs but the Sq Trade one would cover drops and spills for 3 years from the date of purchase.

I have never purchased an extended warranty but this is also the first laptop I have ever owned.

Would you buy the Square Trade warranty? Has anyone had experience filing a claim with them?

Thanks in advance.