Menu

s/o Things that don't make since

The kids' tv shows thread has got me thinking. There are many things irl that just don't make since. I have instant coffee k-cups that I purchased by mistake. Aren't k-cups instant by nature? Why do we need an instant version?

Speaking of k-cups, I saw somewhere that you can buy refillable k-cups. What on earth is the point of that? If you're to the point of buying refillable k-cups, just get yourself a regular coffee maker.

Speaking of k-cups, I saw somewhere that you can buy refillable k-cups. What on earth is the point of that? If you're to the point of buying refillable k-cups, just get yourself a regular coffee maker.

But a regular coffee maker won't make a cup of coffee at practically the speed of sound. :glare:

We have not one but two different types of these. Dh has to have his Dunkin Donuts.

Fwiw, I agree with you! With k cups my kids can my coffee, with the refillable there is clean up.

In our area we recently starting seeing homemade-looking commercials for a plastic gizmo that is like a french press for k-cups. This really gets DH's goat, every time, he says: YOU'RE FIXING THE WRONG PART OF THE SYSTEM, if you want quick coffee using hot water, just buy a french press and your favorite flavor grounds. I dunno. If the guy is making money off it I guess more power to him! :lol:

Sometimes you only want one cup. My sister loves her Keurig but she's devoted to a local coffee shop that roasts its own blends. The disposable k-cup allows her to make her favorite coffee whenever she wants and it is super fast. Regular coffee makers don't do as good a job with single servings (say my coffee-drinking family members--I wouldn't know).

In our area we recently starting seeing homemade-looking commercials for a plastic gizmo that is like a french press for k-cups. This really gets DH's goat, every time, he says: YOU'RE FIXING THE WRONG PART OF THE SYSTEM, if you want quick coffee using hot water, just buy a french press and your favorite flavor grounds. I dunno. If the guy is making money off it I guess more power to him! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

So true!

I also thought how much money he is going to make off those who think it is a great gadget (egad) ;). I have always wondered about the plastic chemical (BPA?) leeched into the cup -- from a K cup (Keurig Machine) and NOW this new "french press" for K-cups. Hellooo... hot water and plastic!! Oh my.

For vacuuming under a couch??

And under the bed. And under chairs. The closet when you're zipping along quickly and don't want to remember to flip the light back off when you're done. Depending on the placement of the lighting in a room, it can be handy. I doubt that it adds that much to the cost of a vacuum, nor takes away from the functionality for those who don't ever need the headlight.

It's sort of like the light in the clothes dryer -- in some laundry rooms you probably don't need it, but other people purchasing the same dryer find it really handy.

• 2 weeks later...
Sometimes you only want one cup. My sister loves her Keurig but she's devoted to a local coffee shop that roasts its own blends. The disposable k-cup allows her to make her favorite coffee whenever she wants and it is super fast. Regular coffee makers don't do as good a job with single servings (say my coffee-drinking family members--I wouldn't know).

What doesn't make sense to me is making a single serving of coffee.:tongue_smilie:

:iagree: I was just wondering this the other day as I vacuumed. Headlights? Really??? Because I usually vacuum in a dark room so I need the headlights so I can see where I'm going? :tongue_smilie:

They can be helpful for vacuuming under a piece of furniture that's fairly low, but high enough to get the head of the vacuum under. Or in a closet that is not well-lit. ;)

Vacuum cleaners with headlights. Why?

Because not every room is well lit and you don't want to vacuum up a paperclip. My new vacuum has no lights. It's a cannister, so it fits under a lot of furniture. There are no lights under my furniture, but I'd like to see stuff before I vacuum it up and harm my machine.

I always wondered about antibacterial soap. Isn't soap, by nature, antibacterial? I'm still waiting for the antifungal and antiviral versions.

No, antibacterial soap has antibiotics in it. I always avoid antibacterial soaps for that reason. Normal soap works just as well for wherever my hands have been.

No, antibacterial soap has antibiotics in it. I always avoid antibacterial soaps for that reason. Normal soap works just as well for wherever my hands have been.

Really? I don't think so. I think it has things that kill bacteria in it, not what our bodies produce.

It's my understanding that soap does not kill bacteria, it simply makes it less able to adhere to skin.

But I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.;)

They can be helpful for vacuuming under a piece of furniture that's fairly low, but high enough to get the head of the vacuum under. Or in a closet that is not well-lit. ;)

Ok, now I'm seriously jealous that you have closets big enough for a vacuum to fit into.

Same reason as scented pads? Although I always thought that was weird, too.

"Oh, what perfume are you wearing?"

"Always"

:ack2:

:lol: :ack2:

To scare the cat or dog with, of course!

I always wondered about antibacterial soap. Isn't soap, by nature, antibacterial? I'm still waiting for the antifungal and antiviral versions.

I was JUST at the store, choosing NOT to buy anti-viral Kleenex. I'm sorry, but I just don't think the tissues are the problem with spreading viruses.