Menu

Movers ? What lbs. did you ship/pay for?

Interesting little note, my movers weighed our truck at 3K pounds today.

If you have moved and know what/how many pounds of "stuff" you had to pay for, what did it come in at?

We had an allowance for 20K pounds. I can't even get my head around the number at this point in my life.

So, does anyone recall how many pounds were in their shipments?

We had an allowance of 18,000 lbs. and twice we have met that or maybe exceeded a bit. TJat is also with shedding furniture at each of the last two places= in both, we got rid of one couch, and in the second one- two beds, a dresser, and I am sure some other things too.

Our heavy things include a upright piano, lots and lots of books, my dh's woodworking tools which are very heavy, 55 gallon aquarium and stand, all our science equipment- including two large microscopes and all the chemical glassware, etc.

We have also been moving at that level after 23 and 25 years in a profession. So we are not just starting out.

We had over 20,000 lbs.

We have six beds, a piano, four couches/loveseats including a sleeper. We moved canning supplies, my material stash, and gardening supplies. We save and store outgrown clothes for the next kid. We also have books. Lots and lots of books. This is a picture of most of my book boxes. Four or five of these were material and half a dozed were school supplies that were not books. I had about 10 boxes of books upstairs. The movers we've used use little colored stickers on each item labeled 001-500. The head mover had to go get a second roll for us.:blushing:

Edited by Meriwether

Our move home from our temporary rental where we only took about 1/3 of our stuff was 4000lbs. That included a fridge, washer/dryer, 1 couch, 1 kitchen table, 4 beds and a crib. The rest was clothes, kids toys and games, homeschool books and kitchen dishes etc.

We had an allowance of 18,000 lbs. and twice we have met that or maybe exceeded a bit. TJat is also with shedding furniture at each of the last two places= in both, we got rid of one couch, and in the second one- two beds, a dresser, and I am sure some other things too.

Our heavy things include a upright piano, lots and lots of books, my dh's woodworking tools which are very heavy, 55 gallon aquarium and stand, all our science equipment- including two large microscopes and all the chemical glassware, etc.

We have also been moving at that level after 23 and 25 years in a profession. So we are not just starting out.

Ours currently is 12,500 (also military, E7 rather than upper officer :D ) and last year our weight coming from Japan was almost 10,000 and 2000 from long-term storage in WA, PLUS an additional 450 of "professional gear". I keep our stuff "lighter" and I personally love Ikea (cause when they destroy something it is easy to replace).

Fast forward to today....I moved (separated from my husband) last month and took about 2/3's of the house and it was a total of about 6000 lbs....we've pared down a bit.

Kris