Menu

*complete vent* Another month without child support.

Ugh!!! So very sorry. You are a strong, capable, intelligent woman. You are a fabulous mother and wife. You have broken free from this "man". You are teaching your children both how to treat a woman and how a woman should be treated. Life really kinda sucks right now for you. I am so sorry for that. Just know that some crazy woman in Nebraska believes in you, believes you will come out of this craptastic situation stronger and wiser. :grouphug:

We went 9 years with no child support being collected from my ex-husband. When he reached the point of being over $22,000 in arrears, the state finally threatened him with jail time. At that point a caseworker helped him magically be declared disabled. We now get $115 each month toward the debt of back support.

It didn't take long for me to realize that supporting my kids was completely up to me. Definitely not fair, but it was the reality of the situation. So sorry you are going through this, I know how hard it is.

blech....

grrrrrr.....

so not fair.

any chance of garnishing? at all?

:grouphug:

ann

;) You need a job to garnish something.

His support was eventually garnished during an earlier phase of not paying. The garnishment will follow him, but is worthless unless he's employed.

I suspect he may be taking early retirement (he's 62) or waiting until 65 and taking his full ss retirement.

;) You need a job to garnish something.

His support was eventually garnished during an earlier phase of not paying. The garnishment will follow him, but is worthless unless he's employed.

I suspect he may be taking early retirement (he's 62) or waiting until 65 and taking his full ss retirement.

Ugh, my cousins ex hasn't worked since his wages were garnished. Apparently he doesn't see the point in working if "she" gets all his money. I love how he completely doesn't see it's for his children, not her.

I will pay rent tomorrow. But that's all I can do.

I did what I did the last 4 years so I *wouldn't* have to do what I am doing now.

Life.is.not.fair.

You're right…life isn't always fair but I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope things improve. :grouphug:

My X stopped working so he did not have to pay child support.

We went to court and judge made him go to some employment center and take a class and gave him a short time to get any kind of employment, even if it was Mcdonalds.

He got a part time job and they took most of his paycheck for child support.

Not sure what the laws are in your state, but I know in SC you could have him jailed for up to a year for non-payment of child support. (my nephew's mother had one of my brothers jailed for a year...he's at least paying now that he's out. I didn't blame her one bit...my nephew comes first)

:grouphug:

My dh hasn't worked for 7 weeks and we still don't know how much longer he will be off work. We still managed to scrape together his cs for this month. So I have little patience for men who don't support their kids. ESPECIALLY when he knows you are struggling.

It's his intention to deliberately take me down.

At the same time, he's posited a theory that I'm making $80K:lol: