Menu

I don't know whether to share this...

though, I'd feel much better if I did.

My eldest sibling was born with a severe case of spina bifida. Susan lived to be 43 yo. She lost her vision when we were in 2nd grade. At that time Susan could read and spell and do math like everyone else. She did have some limitations with her arms and hands....Susan died in her sleep last Wednesday. We had her memorial service last Saturday.

The doctors never expected Sue to live very long. She was never expected to speak. Susan had a tremendous vocabulary and memory for facts. She learned braille and used an abacus, adding and subtracting improper fractions. My mom, younger sibling, and I are crushed right now.

Here's a link to me blog. I posted pics from when we were young. Please pray for my mom as she cared for Sue all these years.

Edited by Heathermomster

Thank you for sharing your sister's story Heather. I am so sorry for your family's loss :grouphug:! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. By the way, you were both adorable little girls :).

though, I'd feel much better if I did.

My eldest sibling was born with a severe case of spina bifida. Susan lived to be 43 yo. She lost her vision when we were in 2nd grade. At that time Susan could read and spell and do math like everyone else. She did have some limitations with her arms and hands....Susan died in her sleep last Wednesday. We had her memorial service last Saturday.

The doctors never expected Sue to live very long. She was never expected to speak. Susan had a tremendous vocabulary and memory for facts. She learned braille and used an abacus, adding and subtracting improper fractions. My mom, younger sibling, and I are crushed right now.

Here's a link to me blog. I posted pics from when we were young. Please pray for my mom as she cared for Sue all these years.

I'm sorry. I lost a sister too.

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful (I looked on your blog).