Menu

Help end the baby name standoff

Our third girl is due at the end of December and we have had a hard time agreeing on names. Our older girls names are Ellory and Ainsley and we would like a name that goes with those. What we like about the girls names is that they are classic yet unusual (at least around here) but aren't weird. They aren't trendy. They are feminine without being over the top.

So, all that to say - here is the short list. Feel free to vote and/or make suggestions :)

Zoey Vianne

Ever Lindsey

Stella Lindsey

Mackenzie Lynn

Welllllll............

You're first 2 end in "y". Have you thought of the Lindsey name for a first name and choosing another name? Like Lindsey Anne, Lindsey Marie, Lindsey Estelle............

Our third girl is due at the end of December and we have had a hard time agreeing on names. Our older girls names are Ellory and Ainsley and we would like a name that goes with those. What we like about the girls names is that they are classic yet unusual (at least around here) but aren't weird. They aren't trendy. They are feminine without being over the top.

So, all that to say - here is the short list. Feel free to vote and/or make suggestions :)

Zoey Vianne

Ever Lindsey

Stella Lindsey

Mackenzie Lynn

I think Zoey and Mackenzie are too trendy (though I happen to like Zoey). I don't care for Ever. I like Eden or Everly (but Everly is too close to Ellory). I happen to love the name Stella. It is a popular name, so you will have to know that there will be other Stellas around. I also like Stella Vianne together (though I prefer Stella Vivienne). I love Estelle, and I think it is similar but more unusual.

To sum up: Stella Lindsey is my favorite from your choices.

I like Estelle Vivienne even better. :)

Wow, lots of great feedback! So to answer some questions and clarify some points …

Mackenzie is my husband's choice. He doesn't mind the trend factor.

Lindsey was my sister's name who died a couple of years ago. I like the idea of incorporating it as a middle name but couldn't handle it as my daughter's first name.

I love the name Everly but its just too similar to Ellory. I'm surprised by all the hating on Ever. I knew a girl named Ever and thought her name was lovely. It doesn't bother me that it's a word also - so is April and Rose and Charity and Faith and Sunshine. I even knew a Dusty once ;)

To the person who suggested Emery, you're good! I love Emery but my husband thought it was too similar to Ellory.

A few people suggested Vivienne which I also really like but he was less enthusiastic.

Thanks for all the input!