Menu

I need a high fat food

Dd14 has a project due in her Nutrition class. She and her partner have to do a presentation on the nutrient fat and also bring in a prepared food that has that nutrient. The teacher didn't specify if the fat should be healthy fats or unhealthy fats. She and her partner are thinking about unhealthy fats to bring in some type of junk food. The people next to her got carbs and they are focusing on foods with too much sugar.

What are some foods that she can prepare that are either healthy fats or unhealthy fats? It has to be something EASY they actually prepare/cook. They can't just bring in avocados, for example. She has to have enough for the whole class. She thinks she can use the classroom refrigerator for storage during the day (her class is 7th period), but she isn't sure if she could heat it before it has to be served. She wants to start with a food suggestion before they decide whether to make their presentation on healthy or unhealthy fats because the hardest part is deciding what food to make.

She thought the Hive could help. :tongue_smilie:

She was specifically told it had to be something they prepared themselves. It cannot be a single food purchased at a grocery store.

I like the idea of guacamole, but I need to find super soft avocados for that right? The grocery store always has hard ones. I buy them to snack on. I don't have a food processor though, only a mixer. Would that work?

What is something she can make with transfat? Cookies with margarine? I would think that would be more for the people focusing on sugar? Someone else in the class has carbs and they are going to make a high sugar food.

Paula Deens Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding. Easy to make. LOADED with fat, and a little goes a loooong way so you can feed a crowd.

Ingredients

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies

6 to 8 bananas, sliced

2 cups milk

1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream

Directions

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.

In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

©Television Food Network G.P.

All Rights Reserved.

Paula Deens Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding. Easy to make. LOADED with fat, and a little goes a loooong way so you can feed a crowd.

Ingredients

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies

6 to 8 bananas, sliced

2 cups milk

1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream

Directions

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.

In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

©Television Food Network G.P.

All Rights Reserved.

I've made something similar - it is so YUMMMMMMM

Wait! THIS! It's the copycat version of UNOs Pizza Skins . . . Most fat laden appetizer of all time!

http://www.food.com/recipe/pizzeria-unos-pizza-skins-232831

This assignment is really not good for our Weight Watchers lifestyle. Dd14 is drooling over the banana pudding and wants to make enough to keep it at home. Ack! If I show her this recipe, I'm done for.

She was specifically told it had to be something they prepared themselves. It cannot be a single food purchased at a grocery store.

I like the idea of guacamole, but I need to find super soft avocados for that right? The grocery store always has hard ones. I buy them to snack on. I don't have a food processor though, only a mixer. Would that work?

What is something she can make with transfat? Cookies with margarine? I would think that would be more for the people focusing on sugar? Someone else in the class has carbs and they are going to make a high sugar food.

If avocados are unripe/hard, put them in a brown paper bag for a few days and it will hugely speed up ripening- likely a few days.

We always make guacamole by hand- fork or potato masher (for large quantity)- add tomato, onion & cilantro and serve w/ chips or veggies

Well, don't forget about olives. You could put an olive an a little cream cheese on a little high-fat cracker. That would give her a chance to talk about healthy fats (in the olive), saturated fat (in the cream cheese), and hidden trans fat (in the cracker).

Also, what about peanut butter balls made of peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar?