Menu

Anybody have *teens* using Apologia Learn 'N Folders from Live & Learn Press?

ereks mom

I bought the General Science one for my daughter last year, and although she started out enthusiastic, she soon complained about it being busy work and dropped it. She ended up just keeping a regular notebook instead.

Although she's very art-oriented (mainly painting, drawing and digital art), she isn't as into the papercraft stuff, especially if she feels like it's just busy work.

I did like how it laid out the notebook though. :) If your child enjoys papercrafts, she might enjoy using the Learn N' Folder.

I am considering ordering the Physical Science set for EK (8th grade) because she LOVES artsy stuff & finds the "regular" way of keeping a science notebook dull. I'd love to hear how your artsy teens like the Learn'N Folders.

My 16 year old went through the biology 2nd edition one. I cut it all out and placed it all in a file folder. She would take out the folds as needed and then glued them into her notebook. She kept a lab note book separate and also some mini reports. She has always had trouble retaining information and this helped her a great deal. It broke it down in chunks she could handle and study...... She did very well with this.

Saying all of that, she wont be using them anymore. Time to move on. *Ü*