Menu

CLE LA Lessons?

TN Mama

I thought I had read something about this before, but could not find it in a search. Sorry if I'm repeating...

I realize children work at different ability levels, but typically how long would a typical CLE LA (grade 2) lesson take? 30 minutes per day? I appreciate any insight.

We used CLE LA for the last two years and we really liked it. It shouldn't take more that 30 minutes to finish a lesson in the 2nd grade level. Unless you have a procrastinator like I do.

The main reason that I liked using this curriculum is that it includes grammar, spelling, handwriting and all aspects of LA. We were using Abeka before, but in Abeka you would have 3 different subjects to get through and 3 different workbooks and nothing was tied together. With the CLE, your spelling, handwriting and grammar studies are all tied together. It really helped my dd with her spelling to be able to use the words for 5 lessons and be exposed to the words more often.

Thank you, Samantha. My original plan was to use CLE for all except spelling and handwriting but I think I will start the year using CLE as written. If need be I will tweak as I had originally planned and use Sequential Spelling & HWOT.