Menu

What is your "too cool" pre-teen boy (11yo) dressing up as?

I tried to convince him otherwise, but Ds11 is dressing up as Lance Armstrong. He found a yellow biking shirt and will wear under armour leggings and a bike helmet. He's making a bib with the number "-7" and will have a few fake syringes.

Ds9 and Ds8 are going to be Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent.

Ds13 is "too cool".

Superheroes a la DC and Marvel? I know grown men who dress up as X-men, Thor, Iron Man, Batman, etc. And judging by the number of kids under five at the last Spiderman movie (really, babies in a villain movie?!?! Bad parenting award), young kids as young as 5 like their superheros too.

Another option might be to throw Pirates of the Caribbean on and have him discover that HE wants to be a pirate (wink). A sword, Johnny Depp mascara, and eight layers of garments later, you have a pretty easy costume. I think this was how I ended up as Pippi Longstockings so many years. A coat hanger wire braided into my hair, three freckle dots on my cheeks, and the random layered clothes of my choice, and my costume was done. The sword provides the fun factor in being a pirate.

My son last year was a minecraft creeper too! This year he's going to be "Finn the Human". I'm not sure who that character is - we don't have cable. But it's some inappropriate programming I'm sure he saw at his grandparent's house! :tongue_smilie:

I tried to convince him otherwise, but Ds11 is dressing up as Lance Armstrong. He found a yellow biking shirt and will wear under armour leggings and a bike helmet. He's making a bib with the number "-7" and will have a few fake syringes.

:lol: That is hysterical! I think my son would get along well with him.

My 11 year old boy is going to be Duct Tape Man -- with a Duct Tape mask and a piece of fabric with a duct tape D on it tied on as a cape and a duct tape D on his shirt.

His 14 year old brother decided that he'd then be WD 40 -- royal blue shirt with yellow felt letters, a red stocking cap and a red straw in his mouth.

Apparently, together, they can fix anything. :thumbup1:

My 11 year old boy is going to be Duct Tape Man -- with a Duct Tape mask and a piece of fabric with a duct tape D on it tied on as a cape and a duct tape D on his shirt.

His 14 year old brother decided that he'd then be WD 40 -- royal blue shirt with yellow felt letters, a red stocking cap and a red straw in his mouth.

Apparently, together, they can fix anything. :thumbup1:

:lol:One of my boys was a roll of duct tape one year. Easy peasy and lots of laughs.

He's a demi-god from Camp Half Blood (Percy Jackson series). He's wearing a ripped up a pair of jeans we got at the thrift store, an orange tee, shield, sword, helmet and chest plate. He had 2 (sword and shield) and I got the other two at the local pop-up Halloween store. He's actually excited about it this year!

My 11 YO DS is going as a Minecraft Creeper. His best friend is doing another character from Minecraft, but I can't remember which one.

This is the first year DS wants to go with a friend instead of doing Trunk or Treat at our church with the family. :sad:

Mine will be a big, blue Lego if we get it painted. If not, he'll be a cardboard colored Lego :001_smile:.

:iagree:

All three of my boys will be Legos this year: Red, blue, yellow. Free box, free yogurt-container circles, spray paint $5 per costume. They even made their costumes, so I was off the hook.

Cat

I love all these costume ideas! The Minecraft stuff, a Ghostbuster, Zombie sock monkey! These are great. Oh and Finn (the Human) who looks like this by the way:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgMYmqcMr70pMmrmx323HFlzSKMWuJ_G-q9qorN1lHxwbg1ZUT4hLmDA

The one on the right is Jake (the dog). My son loves Adventure Time.

My 11 year-old is going as a knight. When I was 11 or 12 I went as the Hanes underwear lady, Inspector 12.