Menu

Help us pick a girl's name....

Vote for a girl's name. (I don't know how to make a poll.) This if for a baby born around Easter. Our other girls are Faith, Liberty, Felicity, and Jubilee.

Lily Hope

Victory Hope (Tory for short)

Galilee Hope (Lilee or Lily for short)

Hope Hosanna

Hosanna Hope

The problem with the last two is they doesn't have the same ending sound as our last three girls. But our oldest doesn't have that ending so sometimes I think it doesn't matter.

Lily is very appropriate for Easter and has the "right" ending, but it isn't as strong of a name as the others.

Our second child is battling leukemia right now so that is why Hope is in all of the name choices. I am also open to other similarly strong names. I do have other names on my general list but so far these are the ones that are striking the most with me because of the timing of when she'll be born (if it is in fact a she) and what we are going through right now. Also, this baby had a twin that we lost and that twin's name is Jordan since it can go for a girl or a boy. Galilee is in there for 3 reasons:

1. The Jordan River flows into the Sea of Galilee

2. It's tie into the Resurrection and His miracles

3. It ends the same as Jubilee

The problem with it is it is not as well liked as I think maybe the others would be and it is a place, unlike my other girls names.....

What do you think? We'd like to have a name before the ultrasound next Monday.....

Vote for a girl's name. (I don't know how to make a poll.) This if for a baby born around Easter. Our other girls are Faith, Liberty, Felicity, and Jubilee.

Lily Hope This is my second choice

Galilee Hope (Lilee or Lily for short) I don't really like this one

Hope Hosanna I love the name Hope! My favorite.

Hosanna Hope

Either as a first or a middle. I think Hope is a very lovely girl name, and it grows into a beautiful woman name.

I like Lily was well.

My issue with Galilee would be all the jokes about "Can anything good come out of Galilee," particularly during her own (God willing) future pregnancies.

I would also consider "Mercy" which sounds good with your other daughters names.

Also, Suzanna/Suzannah means Lily and is a lovely name.

I am so sorry about the loss of the other twin.

I'm a big fan of naming a child what you're actually going to call her.

I have no idea if any of these factor into your decision, but here are my thoughts on the virtue names we chose just in case it matters to you.

My girls are Faith(16), Mercy(14), and Hope(7). They all have my maiden name as middle names just like I did when I got married and changed my name 20 years ago.

We go to church with another homeschooling family with sisters named Faith and Hope. Someone told me Faith and Hope are very popular names for twin girls these days. You can buy things with Faith and Hope written on them. People know how to spell Faith and Hope.

Mercy is unusual (outside of the Mexican American community where it's short for Mercedes.) Most people hear "Marcy" when she introduces herself (and her sisters are not also introduced.) No one knows how to spell it-they assume we put an "ie" or "i" at the end of it to make it cutesy. We didn't. You can't buy anything with Mercy written on it unless you have it custom made. I had a pendant custom made online with all three of their names on it.

When you give your children virtue names people aren't able to remember which one they are. They ask, "Which one are you? Charity? Grace? Patience? Joy? Dexterity?" (Just kidding on that last one.) They can never remember which one is which, but neither can I, so it doesn't bother me.

I have never thought of Promise, though I have thought of Mercy before. I will think about that one again. We also have Glory and Charity on our list and I think a few others but I think the ones I said are the ones I like most. Grace is another one but my little sister wants to name her daughter that some day so I'm trying to avoid it. I have thought of Selah before but I'm not sure the meaning is obvious. I also like Serenity but it reminds me of Seinfeld too much I think. It used to be a joke in my family to yell, "Serenity now!!" In fact, Jubilee was almost Serenity but my husband liked Jubilee better.

I think Hosanna is out. My oldest hates it. So far with my girls Lily is winning but I'll bring up Mercy to them as well......

I like Victory as it seems to go with your other dd's names the best. I'm not crazy about Tory for a nn though.

Hope and Lily are both pretty. I think Hope goes better with the other names than Lily.

What about Clemency? Or Verity? Or Constance/Constancy?

I have never thought of Promise, though I have thought of Mercy before. I will think about that one again. We also have Glory and Charity on our list and I think a few others but I think the ones I said are the ones I like most. Grace is another one but my little sister wants to name her daughter that some day so I'm trying to avoid it. I have thought of Selah before but I'm not sure the meaning is obvious. I also like Serenity but it reminds me of Seinfeld too much I think. It used to be a joke in my family to yell, "Serenity now!!" In fact, Jubilee was almost Serenity but my husband liked Jubilee better.

I think Hosanna is out. My oldest hates it. So far with my girls Lily is winning but I'll bring up Mercy to them as well......

Just in case you need an outsider to confirm this for you, I think you should go with Lily. Sounds like that's the one!

I think Lily and Hope are very pretty. :001_smile:

:iagree: Lily Hope and Hope Lily are both nice!

Galilee, Hosanna, and Victory all have very strong connotations on their own and don't seem like names to me.

I'm very sorry to hear about your son.

Lily is very trendy where I live. I think it is pretty (and my original middle name was Lillian - now I use my maiden name), but I know enough little Lillies now. :tongue_smilie:

I agree with the pp's suggestion of Susanna. I love that name. I also love Selah. I think Hope is fine as a name, but TBH, I'm not a big believer in having one child's name carrying symbolism for a sibling. I say this having had a child that died at birth. I did not think subsequent children should point towards the baby who died.

:grouphug: For your sick child. I am sorry.

Lily Hope

1st choice — it's very pretty, goes with your other names, and is the least likely to be misspelled or mangled.

I'd be willing to bet that 99% of the people this child would ever come into contact with would mishear/misspell this as Victoria. And call her Vicky for short, no matter which nickname you prefer.

Galilee Hope (Lilee or Lily for short)

Same as above; will be misspelled/mangled 87 different ways. And some people will call her Gal or Gally.

Hope Hosanna

This is my 2nd choice, but I don't think it's quite as pretty or smooth-flowing as Lily Hope.

Hosanna Hope

Again, this is easily mangled/misspelled — and what's the short form? Anna? Hosie?? Ho??? You know that some idiots will call her Ho. :glare:

Jackie

Edited by Corraleno

I'm a big fan of naming a child what you're actually going to call her.

:iagree:

When you give your children virtue names people aren't able to remember which one they are. They ask, "Which one are you? Charity? Grace? Patience? Joy? Dexterity?" (Just kidding on that last one.) They can never remember which one is which, but neither can I, so it doesn't bother me.

:lol::lol::lol:

Jackie