Menu

Help me think of a gift for recovering MIL

My MIL broke a small bone in her foot. Well she developed a clot and it got serious pretty quick. She is taking blood thinners and having daily appointments. SHe is stuck in a wheel chair for weeks and I don't know what to get her. Not flowers. She is SO active so this is pretty miserable for her I'm sure, though she sounds as happy as always.

I just want to get her SOMETHING nice.

Oh and she lives in Canada so delivering plants/flower and that kind of thing is next to impossible and expensive. I can have my SIL go shopping for me.

Would your mother like a manicure? I'm betting that in a few weeks she will be absolutely stir crazy. Winter will be set in and she might just like an opportunity to get out. Can your SIL suggest a few places close by that she could drop your MIL off at the beauty parlor and go do her own shopping etc for a while? Or, if your SIL is doing all the care for MIL you might want to pay for one for her also as a thank you, if you can financially swing it.

Would your mother like a manicure? I'm betting that in a few weeks she will be absolutely stir crazy. Winter will be set in and she might just like an opportunity to get out. Can your SIL suggest a few places close by that she could drop your MIL off at the beauty parlor and go do her own shopping etc for a while? Or, if your SIL is doing all the care for MIL you might want to pay for one for her also as a thank you, if you can financially swing it.

They are in your neck of the woods :D

She doesn't have anyone to take her places during the day and when FIL gets home they like to stay home.

But that gives me an idea. Maybe a dinner gift card or something.