Menu

American Girls books question

On another thread it was mentioned that each American Girl had a hobby or art form that she was passionate about. I would like to know if any of the protagonists or their close friends are interested in playing a musical instrument and if so which American Girl(s) and what instrument(s)? Dd7 has read a few American Girl books and has shown an interest in playing musical instruments.

Josefina's father plays violin, and her aunt plays piano and starts teaching Josefina in those books, and she also plays an ocarina in one of the books. Music is a big part of their lives, which is very appropriate for the time period/culture.

Needlework/weaving is also a big deal, but I'm not sure that this is a passion or interest so much as simply characteristic of the time period/culture.

Edited by dmmetler

I believe that Felicity plays either the piano or the ... other thing that looks like a piano. I can't remember the name for it. However, I wouldn't say that any of the historic girls are passionate about either their hobbies or musical instruments. Normally it's an issue that they learn about and become passionate for. The hobbies and or musical instruments are just part of their lives, a kind of fact of life.