Menu

Anyone still using their AC?

Turned ours off over a month ago and have not turned the heat on yet. I was tempted to turn the heat on a few weeks ago but just put socks and a sweater on instead.:001_smile:

We are tight about using the AC/Heat.

We were in the 80s yesterday and high 70s today but without the humidity it is just lovely. All the windows are open and we are loving it.

I'd turned ours off, but we've been back in the 80s. I can't stand it anymore so I just turned our air conditioner back on. It just feels wrong somehow. It's almost November!!! Anyone else? We've in Charleston, SC by the way.

We have run the heat overnight twice. Other than that cold front, we've run the AC every day since about March. I'm not complaining. I don't like cold weather and the yuck that comes with it.

As the other TX ladies have mentioned, it's still hot here. 89 degrees today, but not as humid as yesterday.

About the same here. As a matter of fact when I left a few hours ago for my doctor's appointment dd was actively trying to talk dh in to going swimming. The water is probably pretty cold but it is so hot outside she was convinced it would be fine.

We've been back and forth a few times already. We had the heat on for a few days a couple weeks back, then the house opened up for days. Early this week was not terribly hot but super humid, and it was so uncomfortable I finally kicked the air back on yesterday.

Overnight we had a cold front move through. It's 45 degrees right now and we'll have to turn on the heat tonight. :D Welcome to the midwest...

We've been using the furnace for the past few weeks, but yesterday when the house warmed up to 75, I had to turn the a/c on. It's been running since last night. But tomorrow it's supposed to drop back into the 50s so then we'll have to turn the furnace back on.

Oh how I love spring and fall when we have to play the a/c-furnace yo-yo game.

We use our year round, so I don't know that I should post. Come "winter" we switch from heat to a/c from one day to the next. It is supposed to be in the 70s this weekend so it won't run, but we still won't turn it off.

That's how it is here. This weekend Sandy should bring our temps down, but it will still be humid because of all the rain. We've had a few nights with it off, but we'll be using it for at least another month. Then we play the heat-a/c-open the windows game until April or May.