Menu

Tell me about Bearpaws...

I just heard about these (on here) last week. I'm intrigued :tongue_smilie:. Today I went out and tried some on, but I am very concerned about how hot they might be to wear. I live in Maine, so the climate is right, but....I am hot. Really, I'm the hottest person I know. (Isn't my self-esteem remarkable :lol:). I have difficulties finding the right foot wear in the winter, because it's cold but I am always worried about getting overheated. Running around in sneakers just doesn't cut it. In January, in Maine. (And FWIW I have been like this my whole life). I wear my Bean boots for shoveling and stuff like that, but they are too hot and uncomfortable to wear for just walking around.

ANYWAY, if you LOVE your Bearpaws, are you the type of person who is always cold? Do you wear them for something like walking around the mall in the winter or do you get too sweaty for that?

Please spill all the exciting details....:lurk5:!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You guys are TOOOOO FUNNY!

But, isn't the cookie a BearCLAW? Or am I crazy (or both?) Or is it a regional (like soda vs pop)?

First you wear them, then you eat them....multi-purpose shoes. Just be careful what you step in.

I don't have bearpaws, and I don't live in Maine.

But I visit really cold climates and I used to live in Vermont.

And I like the newer, waterproof hiking boots from REI for normal winter wear, and snow boots only for outdoor use when it is extremely cold.

You can get hiking boots that breathe, and that are waterproof, and that have high tops (ankle height). They are lightweight but reasonably warm but not too hot. And if you wear light cotton socks with them, so much the better.

I was thinking GEEZ you had to do that while I woke up with a sweet tooth today :glare:

I would LOVE a donut

I'm not sure about the shoes

Doooooonnnnuuuutttsss....

Gluten-free, low-ish carb, low sugar...no donuts for me. So sad. I haven't had a donut in a million years. (OK, a year or so, but it FEELS like a million).

OP, this is probably a really dumb question, but have you tried wool socks with your warm winter boots? Real, mostly or 100% wool, good quality socks? I tend to run on the warm side too, but I wear wool socks year-round in our hot and humid mid-Atlantic climate. I also wore them on a two-week working vacation in the rainforests of Costa Rica--my feet were never hot! I find that good wool socks do a great job of regulating heat and moisture. I have many pairs of Bridgedale wool socks that are comfy, do a great job of keeping my feet at a good temperature, and have lasted me many years (I think they're more than six years old, and besides a bit of pilling, look no worse for wear).

I am so not trendy that it is pathetic & I do not have Bearpaws or anything like that. But, my dd (13) loves her Bearpaws & wears them often, has more than one pair. She is always warm, never, ever cold. She usually wears hers w/out socks. For temperature comparison, we live in upstate NY.

I find they wear so/so. She wears hers daily, after school, when she changes out of her uniform. Her feet seem to have stopped growing & she is wearing last years still this year. (and I am somewhat picky on condition of clothing & shoes.)

if this helps ...

I buy the Costco knockoff uggs. If you live near a costco and know someone who is a member, if they buy you a GC you can enter the warehouse on your own with the GC.

Costco's return policy is great, so if you run into any issues, that's a big advantage.

I use mine as house slippers, and I fit in the children's sizes, so they are good quality for the price, IME.

I buy the Costco knockoff uggs. If you live near a costco and know someone who is a member, if they buy you a GC you can enter the warehouse on your own with the GC.

Costco's return policy is great, so if you run into any issues, that's a big advantage.

I use mine as house slippers, and I fit in the children's sizes, so they are good quality for the price, IME.

I JUST bought some of these this year. I buy them for DD every year there, they are great quality and hold up well