Menu

TV with NO audio/visual cables?

Wow, I had no idea that even the tube TV generation produced TVs without audio/visual plugs!

A friend was giving away a 20" TV for free and since I need one for our sunroom/kitchen I thought that would be perfect. I have a small antenna and a converter box and ROKU for it.

Well, we did get the converter box hooked up as it has a cable plug, but we can't hook up ROKU because there are no a/v hookups!

This will do for a bit just for news and such, but I am bummed as I had hoped to watch Netflix through it.

Dawn

Yeah, I will keep looking.

We leave for vacation Sunday so I will just worry about it over the Holidays.

I was hoping to plug in some external speakers so that I can hear it in the kitchen......but obviously, this TV doesn't have that either.

Dawn

That is a very old tv. Look around- you can almost certainly get a newer model free. If you live near me, I would give you one.

Maybe, what is it called?

Looking at it, I don't see a cable plug, which is the ONLY thing that will connect to this TV, so maybe it wouldn't work.

Would something like this do for your tv?

rfmodebaycmp.jpg

I have something like this on my tv as it's pretty old.

I think in googling that I need an RF modulator:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SWS2103W-17-Moduator-Converter/dp/B001UYUNSE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351096397&sr=8-1&keywords=rf+modulator+for+tv

Question is, do I want to even bother? For $8 I guess it wouldn't hurt.

PS: ok, I see that RF modulator is in that picture. Thanks.