Menu

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the other forum, and am a pretty active member there, although I try to stay away from the hot threads but sometimes it's just so hard.

I did give them a piece of my mind. The hard part for me is that many of them like to remind people that they are loving Christians.

I just don't see the love much unless it's a thread with like minded folks. :confused:

I figured out what forum it was:glare:. I left that forum about 3 weeks after I joined. I just couldn't deal with all the haterade those ladies were drinking. Bless their hearts;).

Ha! I read there for a while before finding the WTM forums. That site isn't very helpful. That sort of person is the reason I hesitate when saying I homeschool.

I also think a lot of people need to recognize that they act like the Pharisees. I don't think they will recognize it though. I won't bless their hearts. I'll hope they recognize how they push people away from Jesus and that they see the harm they do in his name.

I thought your original thread was very nice, Audrey. I think you were being very respectful of your friend. :grouphug:

Not that you need any more input but I'll give it anyway. I'm atheist..through and through. I have been known to ask for "Positive thoughts, prayers, whatever you have to give" for loved ones and myself included. My thought is that while I don't really believe that there is anything to pray to, I do believe that the act of prayer is one that has a person thinking and sending positive energy about the person in need...and that is enough for me.

You did nothing wrong by asking for prayers. That is what your friend wants.

You were trashed on another forum for asking for prayers for a friend? That's not right. I am glad to hear the prayers are/were helping your friend.

I can't think of a more horrible thing to do to another human being. D***

* to THOSE people* This is a diverse board of people with different areas of expertise. Audrey simply saw this need outside of her area of expertise and asked for help for a hurting friend. Many people on this board do that.

Audrey, I'm sorry.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I'm so sorry you were treated this way. More prayers for your friend. :grouphug:

Not that you need any more input but I'll give it anyway. I'm atheist..through and through. I have been known to ask for "Positive thoughts, prayers, whatever you have to give" for loved ones and myself included. My thought is that while I don't really believe that there is anything to pray to, I do believe that the act of prayer is one that has a person thinking and sending positive energy about the person in need...and that is enough for me.

You did nothing wrong by asking for prayers. That is what your friend wants.

:iagree: This sums up how I feel. I don't agree with Christianity (well, I don't agree with organized religion; Jesus is fine by me :D), but I never understood why so many people (those who are not Christian, typically atheist) claim to be so open-minded when the reality is they are just as bad as those they complain about all the time.

Anyhow, what you did showed a lot of respect for those with beliefs other than your own, and obviously everyone here has a lot of respect for that. :grouphug:

I know there is others but I am wondering what forum it was that this happened on, just to go over there and give them what for kwim.

Curiosity got the better of me and with the help of a friend I went and read the thread.

I don't want to turn this into a gossipy thread, but giving them what for would just go over quite a few of their heads. Swiiiiiish!

Audrey, I admire you very much. I often think that you are probably the truest friend any of your friends know. I wish I knew you in real life. Even before reading your second post here, I was thinking...knowing Audrey, this was not even about getting sympathy. :)

You have shown yourself true by setting aside yourself to honor the beliefs of your friend in her time of need.

Eek. That's just weird that anyone would think ill of you for asking for prayers for a friend. Wild.

Thanks for blessing your friend, Audrey.

:iagree: I'm sorry that you faced that type of response for an honest and thoughtful request. I am humbled by your commitment to your friend and will offer up my prayers for Jackie.

Curiosity got the better of me and with the help of a friend I went and read the thread.

I don't want to turn this into a gossipy thread, but giving them what for would just go over quite a few of their heads. Swiiiiiish!

That's what I have now seen. I was connected to it, but reading the level of ignorance there. So not worth the time it would take to respond. Too small minded to ever change. We will let God deal with them on the day of judgement for failing to live his word properly. They are chosing to pick and chose which verses are to be abided. Though it does make me wonder what the username of the op over there is over here, because I do not want to associate with a wolf in sheep's clothing. That is someone I want on my ignore list.

Edited by swellmomma

I figured out what forum it was:glare:. I left that forum about 3 weeks after I joined. I just couldn't deal with all the haterade those ladies were drinking. Bless their hearts;).

I think I made it a month. I haven't been back in 2-3 years. I live for sarcasm but that was over the top crazy. If I don't you here, I just block you. No more energy to it. :lol:

Edited by Jennifer3141

I tthink I made it a month. I haven't been back in 2-3 years. I live for sarcasm but that was over the top crazy. If I don't you here, I just block you. No more energy to it. :lol:

Sarcasm is my middle name;), but that forum is seriously drowning in haterade. Yes, there were some really nice ladies there. A lot of those nice women are here now:tongue_smilie:. If I'm really stressed, can't sleep at 2:30am, and really bored, I pop in at that forum:lol:. Other than that, I stay far, far away from that place.

Though it does make me wonder what the username of the op over there is over here, because I do not want to associate with a wolf in sheep's clothing. That is someone I want on my ignore list.

Really? I'd like to strongly recommend she puts on her big girl panties and asks the questions she has. She can do it by pm if she likes. If she is afraid to pm Audrey, she can pm me. I can handle talking to someone who knows I'm going to hell. I'm tough that way. :) A bunch of Christians who admit they know little about witches aren't a useful source of information. Be brave, Girlie. The witchy pagan types won't tell them you've been asking ;) so there will be no fall out for you.

Rosie

Really? I'd like to strongly recommend she puts on her big girl panties and asks the questions she has. She can do it by pm if she likes. If she is afraid to pm Audrey, she can pm me. I can handle talking to someone who knows I'm going to hell. I'm tough that way. :) A bunch of Christians who admit they know little about witches aren't a useful source of information. Be brave, Girlie. The witchy pagan types won't tell them you've been asking ;) so there will be no fall out for you.

Rosie

WHERE is the like button!!!???

That's okay. I think I successfully got the thread over there shut down. ;)

Though it does make me wonder what the username of the op over there is over here, because I do not want to associate with a wolf in sheep's clothing. That is someone I want on my ignore list.

:iagree: I checked but there does not seem to be the same user name here. Although my search was not exhaustive.

Offended people. I quoted the Bible (passages about not judging, etc.), and explained the Wiccan religion a bit. All in the same post. Apparently I am now possibly a goat or a troll.

Be a goat. A literate goat. A literate goat who is well read on world religions.

I'm cracking myself up. :lol:

Offended people. I quoted the Bible (passages about not judging, etc.), and explained the Wiccan religion a bit. All in the same post. Apparently I am now possibly a goat or a troll.

:thumbup1:

I was called a troll over there once (after posting there for YEARS:lol:) for pointing out how the site fairly often made homeschoolers look like whackadoodles. Might have used slightly different phrasing. :tongue_smilie:

Soon after that I found this forum and haven't gone back. Posters here are much smarter, more tolerant and able to use reasoning skills. :001_smile:

I'm still baffled by the person who replied to the suggestion that she do a Google search of the Wiccan religion that there were certain words/subjects that she didn't want in her computer and that was one of them. (And then when someone told her she could clear her history, she mentioned that it would still be there.) :confused1:

Stop bragging :tongue_smilie: I've been called a troll by a troll but I have never been called a goat. Now I am jealous.

So is Elsiegirls9 pleased with herself to have stirred up 2 boards with this nonsense. Her almost identical post here recently was deleted with the mods saying don't feed the troll. Only to then post it over there and getting both boards fired up. Christian woman my arse.

So is Elsiegirls9 pleased with herself to have stirred up 2 boards with this nonsense. Her almost identical post here recently was deleted with the mods saying don't feed the troll. Only to then post it over there and getting both boards fired up. Christian woman my arse.

Oh wow! You're right! Boy you. are. good! :lol:

Rosie

Rockin' Rosie!

You need to change your username to that because EVERYONE knows how you rock!