Menu

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently I struck a nerve, frankenwitch turned around and made the thread about insulting me instead of AUdrey. I may not be able to make small minds see the truth of their ignorance but I can take the heat off of another person. I am used to trolls trying to insult me. Doesn't work so well, I have a thick skin.

I was just trying to make you feel better. You sounded like you felt bad that a PP was called a troll AND a goat and you only got called a troll. ;)

I like Frankenwitch better than Denephew. I HATE it when someone thinks they are the first one to call me that! :tongue_smilie:

I've been gone most of today and just seeing this. Audrey, I'm sorry you were harassed for asking for prayers. It seems like such an odd thing for someone to get their knickers in twist, but oh well. You are very kindhearted.

Edited by PrincessMommy
fixing the name which I got wrong!

I can't go back over there. I deliberately "erased" my password years ago "and" I don't think I can "go" back. So keep us updated "you" back-n-forthers!" :D

I wonder if that is for real of if it is for effect.

I'm still trying to figure that out. It seems to be to be for effect. Sometimes she can string together a perfectly normal sentence that doesn't make her sound like a hillbilly (sorry if I offended any hillbillies) and other times it's like she tries to hard to sound unintelligent.

Sorry about the weird double quote, not sure how I got that first one on there. LOL

Edited by nukeswife

You, nor anyone, should ever feel badly having asked for prayer. No one should ever make anyone feel badly asking for prayer. That's a shame that happened to you.

Glad you asked and continue to think of/pray for Jackie. Have not checked to find out if there's been an update.

swellmomma: YOU ARE AN OLD GOAT.

there ya go. Just being a good friend.;):lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

Audrey, I think it is beautiful that you asked for prayers for your friend, and I will pray for her.

I will also pray for some of the people on that horrible thread who maybe need to deal with the splinter in their eye before looking to other people.

There is a saying that a thief is the first person who will accuse another of stealing. I think their attitudes and judgements have more to do with their own lives than with the life you are leading.

Guest DebBell

I just want to say I am new here. And I do post on the other forum. And I did post on this particular thread. And this is what I want to say here: the op over there did not say anything about anyone asking for prayer. She asked if witches were for real and what we thought of witchcraft. Nothing about prayer. I just want to make that clear. Because I posted a scripture from the Bible. I didn't say a personal word about anyone, period. She didn't ask what we thought of you. If she had, my post would have been different. If she had said someone was asking for prayer, and she is a witch, and what did we think of that, my response would have been different. I wouldn't have quoted scripture, I would have said," That's great. I will pray." And I would have. And that would have been the end of it for me.

Audrey, I don't know you. I am sorry you were hurt. I really am. I am a Christian, and I know loving others is one of our primary calls. That and making disciples for Christ. I don't judge----that is not my job. I don't appreciate being lumped in with hypocrites, but even worse, people with bad grammar:)

Blessings to all. And Audrey, I will be joyfully praying for your friend.

I believe old goats eat fruitnuts so everyone here should stay away from swellmomma or this board will disappear.

Or we could throw cupcakes at her to ward off those goatish ways.

Actually I think we need a proper term called the "Kilts and Cupcakes Law". It's similar to Godwin's law, except it supposes that some conversations will naturally delve into cupcakes and kilts at some point. We could, perhaps, assign our students to do a statistical study on how quickly conversations fall apart. Flow charts, graphing, surveys, would all be beneficial to this study. Then when someone says, I knew it! I knew this conversation would fall apart quicker than a buttered muffin! we will have quantifiable (maybe certifiable :tongue_smilie:) data to back up our claims.

There will, of course, have to be committees formed, meetings to take place, and perhaps a Wikipedia page. Cupcakes* will be served by men in kilts during these meetings. Any volunteers?

*cupcakes refers to all varieties including gluten free, nut free, low carb, etc, etc.

Did I read that right? Did someone over there call us "fruitnuts"?

Boy, talk about the pot calling the kettle black! The "freaked out" comment really got me going. Raging paranoia!

Audrey, :grouphug::grouphug: I am still praying for your friend.

Faith

I will admit to "fruitcakes." :D

I'm not sure what a fruitnut is. :confused:

I will admit to "fruitcakes." :D

I'm not sure what a fruitnut is. :confused:

It was on a spin off thread. I thought it was fruitnut, but my head is POUNDING so maybe I read it incorrectly.

I am all for my dh serving a glute-free, rum, cupcake to me while wearing a kilt. Now if I could only get him on board with that concept....

It's very unfortunate that something such as, "Do you promise to serve her cupcakes in kilts upon request" instead of "honor and cherish" had been in the vows, I'd have something to back me up.

Why can't "cherish" include serving cupcakes while wearing kilts?????

Faith

I just want to say I am new here. And I do post on the other forum. And I did post on this particular thread. And this is what I want to say here: the op over there did not say anything about anyone asking for prayer. She asked if witches were for real and what we thought of witchcraft. Nothing about prayer. I just want to make that clear. Because I posted a scripture from the Bible. I didn't say a personal word about anyone, period. She didn't ask what we thought of you. If she had, my post would have been different. If she had said someone was asking for prayer, and she is a witch, and what did we think of that, my response would have been different. I wouldn't have quoted scripture, I would have said," That's great. I will pray." And I would have. And that would have been the end of it for me.

Audrey, I don't know you. I am sorry you were hurt. I really am. I am a Christian, and I know loving others is one of our primary calls. That and making disciples for Christ. I don't judge----that is not my job. I don't appreciate being lumped in with hypocrites, but even worse, people with bad grammar:)

Blessings to all. And Audrey, I will be joyfully praying for your friend.

bolding is mine

Then you didn't read it very well, In her first post she said I recently signed up at the WTM to join in on topics and whatnots and there are some strange things people have as their signiture. One lady has some odd sign, that's green and she says she's a witch. Do you believe in witches? bolding is mine

and then in the 6th post she says. Its just odd when I saw her posting that a friend needs prayer, but that she couldn't pray. She has over a thousand posts, so I think she's been posting a long time....I thought of asking her, but I didn't want to offend anyone. again bolding is mine

Well if she didn't want to offend anyone, why didn't she just PM her person of interest and ask her questions there.

It was on a spin off thread. I thought it was fruitnut, but my head is POUNDING so maybe I read it incorrectly.

I am all for my dh serving a glute-free, rum, cupcake to me while wearing a kilt. Now if I could only get him on board with that concept....

It's very unfortunate that something such as, "Do you promise to serve her cupcakes in kilts upon request" instead of "honor and cherish" had been in the vows, I'd have something to back me up.

Faith

I think "cherish" includes wearing kilts, making cupcakes, and fixing your woman a drink.

Faith

You're right, she did use the word Fruitnuts.

Nah, you got it right. She did say "fruitnuts"

I think this is what I want for Christmas.

Yeah, that would be something to put into the vow renewal. ;)

Faith

You know we won't judge around here so if you want "Cherish" to include "wearing kilts" you go right ahead. :D

You know we won't judge around here so if you want "Cherish" to include "wearing kilts" you go right ahead. :D

DD is getting married in June, should I suggest to her that they write their own vows and include this?????

Better not...this world is my haven. If I invite dd over here so she can get caught up on the cupcake and kilt threads, my worlds could collide. :lol:

Faith

Wow.... just, wow. Okay, can someone PM me the other place too, cause I'm just dying to know how that played out.

Audrey, that's awful, but as you can see, most of us think highly of you for bringing your friend's need to people who could fulfill it for her. It was a gesture of love. As if the world couldn't use a touch more of that...

I was also wondering how Jackie is doing, if you have an update. :grouphug:

I updated the original thread earlier: Jackie was doing much better overnight and this morning and was moved out of ICU. Her family will be able to visit her soon (if not already). She still has a long haul ahead of her, but this is improvement so that is very good!

No! You can't have the kilt! Your dh is still in the Navy. You get to see him in his uniform. I don't miss the Navy, but I sure do miss the uniform;).

If it's not the dress blues no thanks. I hate the chocker whites. I know I'm a weirdo. I just think the whites make him look stuffy.

I updated the original thread earlier: Jackie was doing much better overnight and this morning and was moved out of ICU. Her family will be able to visit her soon (if not already). She still has a long haul ahead of her, but this is improvement so that is very good!

Thanks for the update! Good to hear that Jackie is doing better.

Faith

That is so good to hear. Continuing to PRAY. :grouphug::grouphug:

If it's not the dress blues no thanks. I hate the chocker whites. I know I'm a weirdo. I just think the whites make him look stuffy.

The officer/chief whites are kinda lame. I was actually a little sad when dh made chief. The cracker jacks were my personal favorite;). Of course, I did love those khakis.

Guest DebBell

I do understand she said something about prayer later in the thread, Nukeswife. I was talking about the op. Obviously I couldn't miss it when I went back and looked. I posted before that.

I am not a trouble maker, here or there. I feel badly that I may have hurt a person when that was never my intention. I was talking about my beliefs, not about a person. I can only speak for myself.

I know many people of all different beliefs/ types homeschool and I think that is great. I don't expect everyone to think as I do. But I think my beliefs should also be honored.

There are some very rude people over there. Maybe here, too. I don't know yet. But I don't call them out. And I know you sometimes feel judged and such. But not by me. I have never been anything but respectful of your beliefs, because I feel you respect mine.

Anyway, that is all. Look forward to conversing with you on other subjects:)

Guest submarines

I just read the first 3 pages of the discussion on that forum and I didn't find anything to be offensive? :confused: I saw an honest (and valid) question, formulated without bias, and then people chimed in with various opinions. Some opinions were ignorant, some informative, some naive but the discussion itself was civil, and even if some opinions were extreme, it seemed like the majority were talking about tolerance. I actually enjoyed reading the discussion because it seemed to be open and genuine. I didn't see any bashing.

Is there a reason the name of the other forum is going unsaid? :lurk5:

Well... I didn't post to turn this into a witch hunt (all puns intended). I appreciate all the support. I truly do. But, that other forum isn't the point. That person over there said they were here, as did others in the first couple of pages of the thread (which is all I was willing to read). I'm not going to post on their forum. That would be pointless. So, I was thinking that there are probably plenty of people here, where I did post my request, who probably had similar thoughts. I just want them to know that who they are and what they think doesn't, in any way, change who I am and what I think.

Now, if you will excuse me for the evening ... I have 2 goats waiting in the summoning room and I've yet to polish the good ritual knives. Demons get so cranky when you're late, you know.

;)

I need remedial googling, because I have no idea what forum you all are talking about and dammit- IWANTTOKNOW!

Can someone tell me? Even though I rarely post even here so another forum is completely unnecessary to my life and I am only asking because of my base need for salacious gossip? Please?:D

Well... I didn't post to turn this into a witch hunt (all puns intended). I appreciate all the support. I truly do. But, that other forum isn't the point. That person over there said they were here, as did others in the first couple of pages of the thread (which is all I was willing to read). I'm not going to post on their forum. That would be pointless. So, I was thinking that there are probably plenty of people here, where I did post my request, who probably had similar thoughts. I just want them to know that who they are and what they think doesn't, in any way, change who I am and what I think.

Now, if you will excuse me for the evening ... I have 2 goats waiting in the summoning room and I've yet to polish the good ritual knives. Demons get so cranky when you're late, you know.

;)

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Oh, and speaking of goats...if memory serves, there was an interesting thread a couple of years back in which many of us signed up for our introductory kits and were promised our first goat. I have yet to receive mine. :toetap05::toetap05::toetap05:

;)

Faith

I was just trying to make you feel better. You sounded like you felt bad that a PP was called a troll AND a goat and you only got called a troll. ;)

I like Frankenwitch better than Denephew. I HATE it when someone thinks they are the first one to call me that! :tongue_smilie:

Not you silly. I was talking about the other thread. I love that you called me an old goat. I would rather be an old goat than a hateful cow like members of another forum