Menu

Giraffe Gender Reveal party. Yep, seriously.

Guest inoubliable

Erm, I think you have much more important things to worry over than my silly giraffe party. I've been following your threads. :grouphug:

I really never thought of a giraffe as being one of those animals that kids get obsessed over. Pretty cool, though. Glad you and your girls were able to see last night!

Yes, but my kids would love it, lol!! Especially DD5. She has loved giraffes since she was old enough to talk. She's even wearing a giraffe patterned shirt today :)

There is a chance that Giraffe that walked to Paris could be reprinted someday. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Another book that tells about the same real event is

http://www.amazon.com/Zarafa-The-Giraffe-Walked-King/dp/0399250492/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351049668&sr=8-2&keywords=zarafa

and another

http://www.amazon.com/Giraffe-Goes-Paris-Tavener-Holmes/dp/0761455957/ref=la_B001JS994A_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351049800&sr=1-1

I was lucky to get all three books from the library, so we could compare them.

Keiko? I like Henry or Fancy better than that.

I agree with you. Keiko is a lovely name, but isn't it a female, Japanese name? Kind of an odd choice for a male giraffe. Also, it just reminds me of that poor orca.

Still about the most adorable thing on the planet, though.

I agree with you. Keiko is a lovely name, but isn't it a female, Japanese name? Kind of an odd choice for a male giraffe. Also, it just reminds me of that poor orca.

Still about the most adorable thing on the planet, though.

:iagree: Yes, it seems to be a very popular Japanese female name. :confused:

Something tells me Autumn will brook no bullying.

:lol: Autumn looks like one fierce mummy.

From the zoo website:

It's a Boy Named Kiko! Zoo officials shared results of the baby Masai giraffe's first vet checkup, and announced the male calf will be named Kiko, which means "autumn's child."

That's a nice meaningful name :001_smile:

Kiko is Swahili for Autumn's child. Which is good because Kiko in Japanese is still a girl's name meaning Chrysanthemum Child. I couldn't figure out why you would want a Japanese name for a giraffe anyway since they aren't a Japanese animal. A Swahili name is so much more appropriate!

For those of you who like the name Henry. Kiko is a Spanish variant of Henry!

So, we can call him Henry Fancy Waffles when we're mad at him or when he's ignoring us, and we'll call him Kiko at all other times.

Works for me.

I have never before had a crush on a baby giraffe. I really do love that little guy! So does dd8.

:blushing:

From the zoo website:

It's a Boy Named Kiko! Zoo officials shared results of the baby Masai giraffe's first vet checkup, and announced the male calf will be named Kiko, which means "autumn's child."

I just saw a pic on the zoo's website. Kiko's so cute! I'll have to watch the youtube video later tonight.

FWIW, our youngest cat is named Waffles.