Menu

XPost: Apologia Lab kits - worth it or not?

Hi all!

We have decided to go with Apologia science (Human A&P for my 6th grader - Gen Sci/Physical Sci combo for my 8th grader) Anyway, in the past one of our struggles with science has always been in not having all the supplies on hand when we are ready to do an experiment - thus delaying the lesson.

Apologia has science kits available that go with their curriculum and I was wondering if it is worth it to purchase them. They seem expensive for the products it contains - but it appears that all the items are sorted by module to make it almost idiot proof. Hmmm...just wanted to get some feedback from others who use Apologia to see what you guys have done. If you purchase the kits - are they worth the $$...if you do not purchase the kits do you have a system in place? "Winging it" doesn't work for me - I've tried! LOL!

Blessings,

Angela

Hi all!

We have decided to go with Apologia science (Human A&P for my 6th grader - Gen Sci/Physical Sci combo for my 8th grader) Anyway, in the past one of our struggles with science has always been in not having all the supplies on hand when we are ready to do an experiment - thus delaying the lesson.

Apologia has science kits available that go with their curriculum and I was wondering if it is worth it to purchase them. They seem expensive for the products it contains - but it appears that all the items are sorted by module to make it almost idiot proof. Hmmm...just wanted to get some feedback from others who use Apologia to see what you guys have done. If you purchase the kits - are they worth the $$...if you do not purchase the kits do you have a system in place? "Winging it" doesn't work for me - I've tried! LOL!

Blessings,

Angela

:bigear: I've wondered the same thing.

I like the kits and feel they are worth every penny.

That being said, I would take a look at Home Science Tools and Nature's Workshop. They both offer Apologia kits and their prices are very reasonable.

Thanks everyone! I purchased the full Nature's Workshop kits from christianbook.com and got free shipping! YEAH!

Blessings,

Angela