Menu

Who makes the SOTW CDs?

I thought WTM made the books and Open Texture made the CDs. But now, I do not see them on the Open Texture site but seem them on the WTM site. My CD cases actually say Open Texture and Peacehill Press on them. I am not asking who those people are, I already know this. I am just wondering who is making the CDs now. Thanks!

I thought WTM made the books and Open Texture made the CDs. But now, I do not see them on the Open Texture site but seem them on the WTM site. My CD cases actually say Open Texture and Peacehill Press on them. I am not asking who those people are, I already know this. I am just wondering who is making the CDs now. Thanks!

When Peacehill Press started out, they did not have the capabilities of making the audio CD's, so they contracted out with Open Texture. Then, as they grew, they were able to produce them themselves. Ancients (the first edition) and Middle Ages were open texture and I can't remember about year 3. I know year 4 was PHP. When they redid year 1, they also redid the audiobook and it is now read by Jim Weiss. Hope this helps.

So are the books still the same now that they have been rewritten? I am assuming my CDs are fine. I had heard they had been re-recorded but did not know the story about it.

I LOVED Barbara Ann Johnson's voice. The children have loved listening to het tell the stories.

The text in the revised books is the same, but the graphics (pictures and maps) and typeset have been updated. Volumes 1 and 2 now match volumes 3 and 4.

As for the CDs, Barbara Alan Johnson only read the first two volumes (produced by Open Texture). Open Texture actually produced Vol. 3 (read by Jim Weiss) for awhile. Then, Peace Hill Press took the whole shebang over, and are now producing all four volumes (all read by Jim Weiss).