Menu

Once Upon A Time Promo

Wait up.....Rumple told the king that even magic cannot bring back the dead, Charmings brother. The Hatter opened a door into fairyworld and grabbed the apple. Do you see where i am going with this? Maybe they open a door to grab him back?

And grab who back? I think it just goes to fairy tale land, and if he was dead he wouldn't be there anymore. I need to rewatch last weeks episode though, I was way to tired to be following along with it like I should have.

And grab who back? I think it just goes to fairy tale land, and if he was dead he wouldn't be there anymore. I need to rewatch last weeks episode though, I was way to tired to be following along with it like I should have.

Hatter opened that portal and grabbed the apple that rolled from Snow, maybe another portal is opened and it grabs Daniel before Cora can kill him. Why else would the Hatter be there? Maybe Dr. Whale is Merlin and he can open a portal like the Hatters hat can?

I think it is Dr. Frankenstein. I think I read somewhere that the creators of the show said that the characters could be from any storybook.

:iagree: Captain Hook is from Peter Pan. That is not a fairy tale either. (And so where's Peter and Tink, then?)

Those stories and characters are both Victorian as well - how do they really fit into the Medievalish time of the Enchanted Forest?

They're really doing quite the mash-up... :tongue_smilie:

:iagree: Captain Hook is from Peter Pan. That is not a fairy tale either. (And so where's Peter and Tink, then?)

Those stories and characters are both Victorian as well - how do they really fit into the Medievalish time of the Enchanted Forest?

They're really doing quite the mash-up... :tongue_smilie:

I heard they had licensing issues with Peter Pan, something they were trying to get worked out, but I don't know if it's been resolved yet. Hook wasn't covered by the same copyright. Apparently they also had the same issue with Sherlock Holmes (originally going to be the fairy tale land character of the Sheriff), along with several other characters that I didn't realize they would put into OUAT. It makes me think that Dr. Whale is Frankenstein but I think they've almost made it 'to easy' so I don't know what I think.

I don't watch, but when my kids saw the promo for this week, the both started screaming, "Doctor Frankenstein!" lol... And it *is* an older story than Peter Pan (which they've used) or Wizard of Oz (which they've said they *will* use). Little Mermaid is also coming, eventually, and she's not a "traditional tale" either.

I heard they had licensing issues with Peter Pan, something they were trying to get worked out, but I don't know if it's been resolved yet. Hook wasn't covered by the same copyright. Apparently they also had the same issue with Sherlock Holmes (originally going to be the fairy tale land character of the Sheriff), along with several other characters that I didn't realize they would put into OUAT. It makes me think that Dr. Whale is Frankenstein but I think they've almost made it 'to easy' so I don't know what I think.

Sherlock Holmes??! What, is there an entire Victorian era section of the Enchanted Forest, with gaslights and steam power? Are there trains?

I don't watch, but when my kids saw the promo for this week, the both started screaming, "Doctor Frankenstein!" lol... And it *is* an older story than Peter Pan (which they've used) or Wizard of Oz (which they've said they *will* use). Little Mermaid is also coming, eventually, and she's not a "traditional tale" either.

The little Mermaid is older than ALL of those!

Am I the only one here who owns very very old books of "original" fairy tales?

:confused:

Sherlock Holmes??! What, is there an entire Victorian era section of the Enchanted Forest, with gaslights and steam power? Are there trains?

Haha here's the link http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/21/once-upon-jack-sparrow/ You're right though, I can't see how they could write him into fairytale land.

I think some of the others are going to be very interesting, Marry Poppins? I guess what they're getting at is they're going to be playing with the 'essences' of these characters instead of actually following the storylines (which is what I enjoyed so much about Season 1) but I will probably keep on watching.

Heyyyy. Here's a thought....

What if he isn't the modern day Prometheus (aka Frankenstein) but IS Prometheus?

A whole Olympus, Atlantis... Fairy tale/mythological WORLD?

But yeahhhh. Sherlock? Sounds desperate to me.... I hope they aren't already grasping at straws to write the plots!

What if he isn't the modern day Prometheus (aka Frankenstein) but IS Prometheus?

But yeahhhh. Sherlock? Sounds desperate to me.... I hope they aren't already grasping at straws to write the plots!

:iagree:

I think the world has gone Sherlock-mad. Seriously. ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

Love the idea of a Victorian section of the Enchanted Forest. LOL. Might was well throw OZ in there too....

Neat thought. I think he's Frankenstein. S far, the characters have been pretty obvious, so that's my guess.

James Whale was the director of the first talkie Frankenstein....hence "Dr. Whale".

Doh!! Great research connection there!

Neat thought. I think he's Frankenstein. S far, the characters have been pretty obvious, so that's my guess.

Probably. Sadly. I'd be more excited by some deeper connection though. :)

I had not! Very good and I'm in agreement with much of it.

I too am frustrated with the notion that courage seems to be defined as being thoughtless or foolish.

that preview makes sense of the trend of Cora coming back to 'get' Regina, and Regina softening about Henry . . . it looked like they were going to give Regina a break from being the main protagonist and let her mom have that role again. why is it that her mom hasnt aged since Regina threw her through the mirror?

that preview makes sense of the trend of Cora coming back to 'get' Regina, and Regina softening about Henry . . . it looked like they were going to give Regina a break from being the main protagonist and let her mom have that role again. why is it that her mom hasnt aged since Regina threw her through the mirror?

I re-watched the episode that introduced Aurora, and Mulan comments on how they, too, were frozen for 28 years...then one day about a year back time started up again, so she and Philip got back to their Aurora search.

Now - when the show had Emma kinda complaining to Snow that if she had not been placed in the magic tree at least she, Snow and Charming would have been together...I wish Snow had retorted "Yes - but you would still be what you were when the curse took hold - an INFANT!"

hmm, i'm willing to bet i mean antagonist. sigh.

yeah, actually my thought when Emma said that was more along the lines of my own 20 yo dd who always thinks every single thing I did was wrong and no amount of apologizing can make it right and everything is still my fault . . . and then that bit about her suddenly seeing "Oh, you gave up EVERYTHING" . . . haha wish my daughter could see something like that . . . .

My gut says Frankenstein. Not all the characters are 'fairy tale' some are just literary classics.

This cut/paste from a fan site makes a pretty strong case for Frankenstein.

My updated post: On several sites, cynthiapren, makes a strong case for Dr. Whale being the Hulk, whose character was inspired by Dr. Frankenstein, Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde. I think she might be correct.

My original post:

I believe Dr. Whale is Dr. Frankenstein (not the monster but the doctor who creates the monster) - creator of the Frankenstein’s Monster and the Bride of Frankenstein and here is why.

Clues: I think the best clue is in the Singlebrooke Dating Service video where Dr. Whale describes himself as good at MAKING friends (emphasis mine).

What does he want in a woman? He doesn't want stuck-ups or prudes, every lady will get a dinner at Granny's, a single carnation (def. the color of human flesh - root word flesh), a visit to my condo where I will play the very best of Sting (Sting appeared as "Charles" Frankenstein in 1985's The Bride), and the sparks will fly (electricity that brings creatures to life).

Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein were directed by James WHALE.

Dr. Whale wears white when he is a doctor, black when he was with Mary Margaret (checking out Ruby) and when he was trying to pick up Ruby under the streetlight. (interesting parallel between Sting's song, Moon over Bourbon Street and the scene where Dr. Whale tries to pick up Ruby - although Sting's song is about a vampire)

NEW CLUES:

Inflated sense of self.

Classic “God complex” (classic could refer to classic literature)(Dr. Frankenstein played God and brought things to life).

Frames himself as victor in all conflicts (frame def. – To build by putting together the structural parts of; construct/The structure of a human or animal body; physique)(victor – victor Frankenstein)(conflicts – 1. A state of open, often prolonged fighting; a battle or war.)

Feels persecuted and misunderstood – paranoid.

Physician

Who is this man?

Perhaps the ogres are the monsters that he created.

Marvel Comic Book: The Monster of Frankenstein - Mary Margaret's flowers that she got from Dr. Whale are wrapped similar to Frankenstein's monster....purple with yellow ribbon/cord. Dr. Whale looks like Marvel's Dr. Frankenstein, and Frankenstein's monster bears an uncanny resemblance to the ogre.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!

Just saw another promo - in which he flat out admits to Regina that he stole one of her hearts and stuck it in Daniel's body...only to have Daniel turn out to be a monster. So Dr. Frankenstein he is (and poor Daniel is the monster).

Holy moly!!! So who's heart doesn't frankensteins monster have?! And if the monster is killed, will it kill them too!

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!

Just saw another promo - in which he flat out admits to Regina that he stole one of her hearts and stuck it in Daniel's body...only to have Daniel turn out to be a monster. So Dr. Frankenstein he is (and poor Daniel is the monster).

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!

HA! My first thought was they bring back Daniel!

The idea of Dr. Whale being Dr. Frankenstein is an interesting theory, and a very plausible one with that promo. I was re-watching the first episode of season 1, when the mob goes to Regina's house, it is led by the good doctor. There are several bits in that scene that could be foreshadowing for that storyline:

When Emma says that they are not murders here, Whale's response is that "We are not from this world" (not that he isn't a murderer).

When Charming steps in, Whale tells him, "Back off! You're not my prince."

Charming acts as if he has no idea who Whale truly is (in the fairytale land). He asks him, "Who are you?" to which Whale responds, "That's my business."