Menu

IL gripe

My dh wants them to come out to see dd, yes they would enjoy visiting their son, but the one they want to see most is dd.

I have only driven through parts of Illinois, visiting there would very much be an improvement.;)

What would happen if you told dh that you're unwilling to host them again so soon, and didn't appreciate having to entertain HIS folks?

Wolf and I have gone through a similar patch. Ended w/me telling him that if he ever left me alone for the day w/MIL again, I would call a cab, grab the kids, and let him know which hotel we were staying at.

And I wasn't kidding.

If he wants his folks to visit, it should be at a time that he's available to entertain them. Period.

My dh wants them to come out to see dd, yes they would enjoy visiting their son, but the one they want to see most is dd.

Well, your dh can want whatever he wants to want, but you don't have to agree to it.

If he wants his parents to visit, he needs to be available to entertain them.

Period. Done. End of story.

Why do you feel that you have to agree to this? :confused:

(BTW, I thought Imp's excuses for telling them why they can't come right now were excellent!)