Menu

'boyfriend' gift for 15yr old that isn't too romantic or generic?

Teen boys have it easy - they can buy their girlfriends candy or stuffed animals! Any ideas for a 14-yr-old girl to buy for her 15-yr-old 'boyfriend?'

I would ask that people who don't think she should have a boyfriend refrain from pointing that out, but I'm pretty sure some of you won't be able to restrain yourselves :D

It's all good, they are friends who like like each other, so nothing serious, but boys are hard to buy for as it is. I'll give him money, but I'm sure she'd like to give him a little token.

Teen boys have it easy - they can buy their girlfriends candy or stuffed animals! Any ideas for a 14-yr-old girl to buy for her 15-yr-old 'boyfriend?'

It's all good, they are friends who like like each other, so nothing serious, but boys are hard to buy for as it is. I'll give him money, but I'm sure she'd like to give him a little token.

I got a nice leather wallet from a girl I was seeing when was 15. It seemed really thoughtful to me at the time.

Food, especially anything favorite. Hat or sweatshirt or something related to his favorite team? Anything he's mentioned needing for his car?

Movie tickets or something like that? I remember feeling kind of bad that my boyfriend always paid for things when we went out, so I bought movie tickets for him one time. I've bought him a fair number of books over the years too, and he likes ThingGeek-type gadgets too. Of course, these days, bullets are generally on his wishlist (he's a competitive target shooter), so I just buy those when we have money to buy each other gifts; he appreciates that I pay attention to his hobbies.

Pocket knife, headphones, iTunes gift card, 6 pack specialty pop, bag of favorite candy, book, beanie cap, cool pens/pencils, clip on flashlight, if he plays an instrument - an accessory for that such as guitar picks, coffee mug (my boys' favorite is the zombie mug that changes pictures when hot liquid is added), nice wall/desk calendar, key ring/lanyard...

*all of these have been used successfully for my sons as well as for our BSA troop Christmas exchange. Personally we think it's easier to buy for boys than girls :D

Thanks for the ideas; I am taking notes!

We don't want romantic but a gift card feels a bit generic, kwim? He makes it difficult, b/c I swear the boy does nothing! And he's a picky eater to boot, lol. I do like the snacks idea, if I can come up with enough that I know he likes, and I could maybe add some of the other items like flashlights/pens.

I also like the wallet, it seems like a 'grown-up' gift that he might enjoy getting. But that means actual shopping, hmm . . .

Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for the ideas; I am taking notes!

We don't want romantic but a gift card feels a bit generic, kwim? He makes it difficult, b/c I swear the boy does nothing! And he's a picky eater to boot, lol. I do like the snacks idea, if I can come up with enough that I know he likes, and I could maybe add some of the other items like flashlights/pens.

I also like the wallet, it seems like a 'grown-up' gift that he might enjoy getting. But that means actual shopping, hmm . . .

Keep 'em coming!

My three boys love their wallets. They are 9, 11, and 14. You can get a nice leather wallet at Marshalls or TJ Maxx or even on sale at Kohl's for a really cheap price.