Menu

So, what's for dinner?

I'm going to do a final test of my recipe for komoch naan and probably serve it with chicken and vegetable soup from Yunnan. That type of bread doesn't traditionally go with the soup, but I think they'll be good together.

And we have a pumpkin pie that we didn't end up having time to eat yesterday, so we'll have that for dessert.

The crepes sound delicious though.

Can you tell me the recipes for your naan and Yunnan chicken veggie soup?

Thanks!

Can you tell me the recipes for your naan and Yunnan chicken veggie soup?

Thanks!

I'll send you the naan recipe when I have the final version typed up. If you've only had Indian naan, then this naan is really different from what you're probably imagining. I posted the soup recipe here on my blog. You can use up to a pound of chicken or pork, but I think it's delicious with just a little meat too.

Tonight is "taco Tuesday" so we always have some variation of tacos. Sometimes we stretch it pretty far. Tonight's version we call Chalupas. Pink beans have been simmering for hours with green chiles, onion, garlic, cumin & oregano. I will add some shredded green chile pork from the freezer. Topped with the usual suspects of cilantro, chopped onions, cheese for the littles, salsa and rolled in soft tortillas.

Amber in SJ

IKEA kids eat free on Tuesdays. :tongue_smilie:

DD was asking to go there tonight. I almost went just because it was Tuesday. LOL I just didn't want to deal with rush hour traffic going in and out of Portland to get there, or we would have had the same.

We had awesome left over potato soup from Monday night. Yummmmmmm