Menu

What site have you used to book a vacation rental?

We are hoping and planning to spend Christmas far away from family in the woods somewhere with lots of snow.

I've been checking online and so far I haven't been pleased with any vacation rental site. Is there one you can recommend?

This will be our first time doing this (long term rental vacation), any tips for a better experience?

We are hoping and planning to spend Christmas far away from family in the woods somewhere with lots of snow.

I've been checking online and so far I haven't been pleased with any vacation rental site. Is there one you can recommend?

This will be our first time doing this (long term rental vacation), any tips for a better experience?

We've had good experiences with VRBO.com (Vacation Rental By Owner). Sometimes there is still an agent, but there are tons of listings and they have a very good search engine. There are often reviews as well.

We've also used VRBO - just once - but it was amazing! Great communication directly with the owner of the property, great price, and a lovely vacation. :)

We'd considered using VRBO for years, but I was always afraid. I was nervous until we walked through the front door this year. Next year I won't worry a bit (we're hoping to stay in the same place again). :001_smile:

We've used homeaway.com for the last few years. I always read reviews for any house I'm considering. We've never had a bad rental. Before that I used local rental agencies in the area we were considering. Most of them have moved their listings to homeaway.com though.