Menu

If your university student texted you this, what would you think?

I have 2 in a university. My daughter will think she did poorly on exams but always does great. My son knows when he doesn't do well and he is usually correct. ;) know thyself, I guess? Does your son usually have an accurate picture?

He does usually have an accurate picture, however I am obviously not up with the lingo. LOL

Thank you! Where were you 2 hours ago when this brat texted me and didn't return my texts? I've been fretting this whole time.

So all you moms need to know that wrecked=aced. :lol:

I teach high school, so I hear this stuff all the time. I make my students translate for me. For example, one student said, "Dr. K, you are beast." I had to ask if that was good or bad...

I was feeling sorry for him regarding the exam because I would've assumed "wrecked" was a bad thing! Whew! Glad it isn't!

Kind of like "sick" has a good connotation now. When I tell ds17 we're going to his favorite restaurant and he says, "Sick!" it means he's really excited about it! :001_huh:

Can't wait to use "wrecked" on him. I haven't heard him use it yet. I'll have to say something like, "I totally wrecked your favorite dinner tonight!"

(Can you tell it's all about food w/him?)

I'll never forget the time my cousin gave my grandma a little statue of a "cool" granny that said, "World's Baddest Grandma." My grandmother was horrified! She said, "Why would you say that?! What an awful gift!" My aunt was, "No, that's not what it means. It's like saying you're a cool grandma, you know?" She never got it. She was a fuming mess.

I teach high school, so I hear this stuff all the time. I make my students translate for me. For example, one student said, "Dr. K, you are beast." I had to ask if that was good or bad...

I know beast, yes it is good. Kids are so stinking funny.

I was feeling sorry for him regarding the exam because I would've assumed "wrecked" was a bad thing! Whew! Glad it isn't!

Kind of like "sick" has a good connotation now. When I tell ds17 we're going to his favorite restaurant and he says, "Sick!" it means he's really excited about it! :001_huh:

Can't wait to use "wrecked" on him. I haven't heard him use it yet. I'll have to say something like, "I totally wrecked your favorite dinner tonight!"

(Can you tell it's all about food w/him?)

:lol: My 12dd didn't know what it meant either.

I would have texted back with something...

Oh dear. Um. I um hope that is good dear:tongue_smilie:

I texted him back saying "How do you know you wrecked it?" I just assumed wrecked meant bombed.

He finally told me it meant he blew it away. I need to start asking him to translate.

I'll never forget the time my cousin gave my grandma a little statue of a "cool" granny that said, "World's Baddest Grandma." My grandmother was horrified! She said, "Why would you say that?! What an awful gift!" My aunt was, "No, that's not what it means. It's like saying you're a cool grandma, you know?" She never got it. She was a fuming mess.

Oh my! Poor granny.