Menu

Brainpop

cam112198

I don't think so. I was looking into that, too. I loved using it when I had it through a virtual academy last year and my kids love it. I just think it's a little expensive, but if they use it daily or even just a couple of times a week it is probably worth it.

I think we had our subscription through G3 last year. That might be the "virtual academy" referenced above, though it might not.

Sadly, G3 no longer offers it.

We love brainpop, but I haven't found a good discount recently, so we've opted to take a break.

Hoping there will be a discounted way to purchase again soon.

The app is interesting sometimes, if you have that - a free clip per day.

I am not aware of a discount. I will say, however, that I feel it has been well worth the money. We use it all the time for pretty much every subject. For most subjects it is a supplement, but I actually use it as my health curriculum. He watches the video, we do the activity and read some of their suggested library Books. They have videos on all the topics in the health standards for my state.

My son asks to see a "Moby" everyday. He loves it.

If you have an ipod or ipad, we are only paying $6/month to subscribe through the app, and yes, it is the full library of videos with the quizzes, not just a small subset of the videos (and they are all available at once, not piecemeal).

I understand there may be additional resources available on the website (books? worksheets? I have never seen the website version) and you do not get those with the app.

We allow ourselves one paid subscription for homeschooling and BrainPop is it! We absolutely love it and believe it's worth every penny. We use it several times a week to supplement English, History, and Science, so it pays for itself as far as we're concerned.

I know that HSBC had BrainPop on for a reduced price at one point, but no longer. However, if you keep an eye on HSBC, it may come on again sometime.