Menu

paying off debts

If I want to pay several interest-accruing debts off within a certain time frame, how do I figure out how much I need to make a month? I know I can use an online payoff calculator for each debt, but I'm not sure how take into account paying off certain debts before others, and how those payments would then roll into the remaining debt. I'm wanting to pay off two small to moderate credit cards, along with my student loans, in five years.

If there is an easy way to figure this out, I'm too tired to see it, sorry. :tongue_smilie:

Will this help?

[ETA--sorry, that was the wrong one--)

Try this--and there are easier ones, too...

I don't have Excel, etc. :( If you know for sure it lets me choose based on timeframe, not just according to interest rate, I can go on a much, much, MUCH slower computer to figure it out.

If it is a fast process, and someone is very, very bored, I am willing to just quickly give you the numbers (three debts) and someone can tell me the results. I'm not asking anyone to do that though, just if you're really bored, can't sleep, are feeling nosy, whatever. :lol:

I don't have Excel, etc. :( If you know for sure it lets me choose based on timeframe, not just according to interest rate, I can go on a much, much, MUCH slower computer to figure it out.

If it is a fast process, and someone is very, very bored, I am willing to just quickly give you the numbers (three debts) and someone can tell me the results. I'm not asking anyone to do that though, just if you're really bored, can't sleep, are feeling nosy, whatever. :lol:

If you don't have Excel you can download Open Office for free and it has a spreadsheet very similar to Excel. :)

Download it only from Cnet or OpenOffice.org. No other source. Open Office is not very resource heavy.

Microsoft Windows

Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7

256 Mbytes RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)

At least 650 Mbytes available disk space for a default install (including a JRE) via download. After installation and deletion of temporary installation files, Apache OpenOffice will use approximately 440 Mbytes disk space.

1024 x 768 or higher resolution with at least 256 colours