Menu

Irritated sinuses

I tend to suffer from a lot of sinus issues- it seems like any bad cold I have turns directly into a sinus infection. I have tried a neti pot and I was not impressed, in fact I started getting a tooth ache after I used it since water was getting trapped somewhere. Anyway, if I feel like I am getting sinus build up I drink 1-2 tsp. of Bragg's ACV and wash it down with a bunch of water. Since I have started doing this (knock on wood) I have not had another infection. After I sinus infection has already set in I found the best relief by taking ibuprofen with a decongestant.

Describe irritation....

I have seasonal allergies and a cold on top of that--congestion, pressure, pain, itching, sneezing. I feel like I've been hit in the face with a mallet. :tongue_smilie: Maybe tmi, but I haven't noticed anything with a nasty green color so I don't think I have an infection.

I've been taking Airborne, upped my vitamins, taking a decongestant and Tylenol. Oh, and an antihistamine.

Edited by Cricket

I feel your pain. I have had so much sinus irritation lately. My head has felt like a watermelon about to explode. Lately I have been using a combination of things from Claritin D, Zyrtec D, Benadryl, and the Netti Pot. It still doesn't always work. I try to keep on top of it instead of just reacting to it otherwise I end up miserable.

Sorry I don't have better advice. Hope you get some permanent relief!!

Elise in NC