Menu

McGovern has died

I didn't always agree with him, but he seemed a man of integrity. I was never aware of his war record, which is some proud reading. The older I get the less I am concerned with the actual political leanings of politicians and the more I care about their diligence, ethics, and honesty.

I was in second grade when he ran for president. My parents voted for "the other guy", as did 95% of the country. I always felt a little sorry for him as a child after that kind of defeat. He seemed like a very nice man who served his country selflessly. I'm glad he was able to have his family and friends surrounding him at the end.

I didn't always agree with him, but he seemed a man of integrity. I was never aware of his war record, which is some proud reading. The older I get the less I am concerned with the actual political leanings of politicians and the more I care about their diligence, ethics, and honesty.

:iagree: These days I often feel like I'd take a politician I disagree with but who is honest and ethical, with a genuine set of beliefs over someone I agree with who isn't.

Dh had the opportunity to meet and interview McGovern when he was younger. He has a special place somewhere in the liberal bits of his heart for McGovern.