Menu

dr. Hive...I need a homemade laxative that works quickly

I hve a dear freind who is in need of a homemade laxative that worked quickly...she is going on a trip tomorrow and needs some relief. What have you used that would fit this bill?? Hoping for something that is probably in either one of our kitchens or pantry's....thanks.

Is she getting on an airplane tomorrow???

If so, I would not do anything too drastic. There is really no telling how long it will take for things to go into effect or how long the 'cleaning' might last. Being on an airplane would be a NIGHTMARE.

I would suggest trying a glycerin suppository.

If so, I would not do anything too drastic. There is really no telling how long it will take for things to go into effect or how long the 'cleaning' might last. Being on an airplane would be a NIGHTMARE.

:iagree: I would start a flax based fiber (mixed into a drink or you can get some in pill form at some places) and probiotics and continue that the entire trip.

:iagree:

I wouldn't try anything oral before a trip. Why does it have to be homemade? For the quickest and most predictable solution with fewest side effects, I'd recommend a saline enema.

:iagree:

I wouldn't try anything oral before a trip. Why does it have to be homemade? For the quickest and most predictable solution with fewest side effects, I'd recommend a saline enema.

:iagree:Nothing oral before a trip!!! I second the enema idea. Or she could try a cup of coffee and a cigarette. :001_huh:

ITA. The last time I used magnesium for this issue, I experienced "cleansing" on an hourly basis for two days straight. I can't imagine dealing with that during air travel :svengo:

Regardless, I hope she gets some relief somehow.